Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cota

Senior Member Grass-Passer Alien's Avatar
    This will probably the only event I make this year. I'm open to splitting a garage, if not I'm good camping out under an EZ-up.
    - Gary R.
    '86 Camaro Z28 "KNOCKER"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Only one person needs to register for a garage ($500) and then will need to "rent" the other spaces out to whomever they choose. I'm covering the garage I'm in, so there is no need for Jerry, Brian, and Mark to do anything garage related at registration.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

I am good registering for one, but I'm a bit confused, is it $500 for the event or per day?

Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    I am good registering for one, but I'm a bit confused, is it $500 for the event or per day?
    $500 for the whole weekend. All other racing orgs are charging $500/day for these. I know it's expensive, but let this be proof we're not trying to beat anybody up on pricing, I'm trying to put on a sustainable event for us to enjoy at the US F1 track year after year.

You'll also notice our schedule has twice the amount of track time as the event one month before us. I didn't think any of our regulars would be interested in $800 for 5 sessions over 3 days with no test day.

PS I've been a budget racer my entire life and I do think and very much care about my fellow budget drivers.

#byaracerfortheracers

Thanks for the support everybody.
    Will Faules
    Regional Director - NASA Texas

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nasawill View Post
    $500 for the whole weekend. All other racing orgs are charging $500/day for these. I know it's expensive, but let this be proof we're not trying to beat anybody up on pricing, I'm trying to put on a sustainable event for us to enjoy at the US F1 track year after year.

You'll also notice our schedule has twice the amount of track time as the event one month before us. I didn't think any of our regulars would be interested in $800 for 5 sessions over 3 days with no test day.

PS I've been a budget racer my entire life and I do think and very much care about my fellow budget drivers.

#byaracerfortheracers

Thanks for the support everybody.
    Will I don't see a big difference. You said another group got five sessions for $800.00. I see us paying $1200.00 for three races and two qual sessions.

I'm glad you secured COTA for us but my guess is that very few of us will be willing to pay this kind of money year after year. Now you may not need us budget racers and you may sell out every year. I hope after we run that we all think it's worth twice what we are going to pay but I'm not holding my breath.

JJ

Where is this schedule posted?

Quote Originally Posted by dtanker65 View Post
    Dennis,

I am good to split a garage with you, sounds like Gary is up for a share as well.

I will be in front of a screen a noon; I can rent the garage if you like.
    Mason
    AI75

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR81 View Post

Where is this schedule posted?
    Schedule here:

https://nasaproracing.com/events/2531

https://nasatx.com/wp-content/upload...-Tentative.pdf

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Can anyone explain to me why TT and HPDE get 4 sessions a day of 95 minutes, and racers get 3 sessions a day of 75 minutes?
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Registered right at noon, got into AI, but was not able to get a garage. Hopefully others had better luck and I am up to split a space.
    Mason
    AI75