Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cota

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I got online at exactly noon and it would not let me in. At 12:01 I got in but I was having trouble at the same place as you guys. Kept telling me to use the back button. I tried several times but no soap. Since I'm not a computer guy I left the site and then came back in. Worked perfect. I did not try to get a garage since Marshall was doing it for us.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I'm with you Randy. I thought NASA was a racing organization but I guess HPDE and TT pays the bill.

JJ
    It's pretty obvious it is turning into a DE organization. Isn't that what happened in CA with DE only weekends. The DE guys get 33% more track time than the racers for the same amount of money on Sat/Sun and 9% more time on Friday. Obviously one should sign up for the practice as a DE. But I'm still trying to figure out why there is a DE practice day? I don't think DE cars were allowed on Fridays when I started with NASA.
    We should all just sign up for TT and have someone on the infield drop a green flag to have 4 races a day.
    I may just sign up for the DE on Friday so I can say I have run my race car at COTA and then break some of their consumption and impaired rules the rest of Memorial Day or head to a beach.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Simple solution would be to replace the TT/HPDE 1&2/HPDE 3&4, on Sunday with Cyclone, Blitz, and Thunder races.
    Then you have each run group with 4 sessions and 95 minutes one day, and 3 sessions with 75 minutes the other day.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

BL you will change your mind about that once you get out there. This is not for everybody, but I usually meet a DE type person when testing that has lots of questions about the racecar and I have friends with very nice DE type street/track cars that are collecting dust because they don't come close to the thrill of driving a race car.

I can't imagine a guy off of the street seeing a Thunder race and thinking yeah I could do that, but figure 10% of DE drivers won't be satisfied with DE/TT. I do think having tidy well turned out cars and minimal racing contact are important to attract new racers.

I like ponycars myself, but keep an eye on the Autobahn group and Spec E36.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AllZWay View Post
    I saw the price and was surprised. It would definitely be fun to race and I probably would pay up for it once also, but an event 3x times as much as others seems out of line.
    How about we both go, split the cost, we both can drive and you help me with car setup?
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsmith350 View Post
    How about we both go, split the cost, we both can drive and you help me with car setup?
    Oh man nice offer.. and would love to. We already have family vacation plans that weekend.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rsmith350's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh well. Had to ask!
    " Racing makes crack addiction look like a mild craving for something salty"