Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: COTA (May-2017) Time to Sign-Up!!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    He's lucky he didn't get hurt wearing a T shirt and shorts! at one of the fastest tracks in america. Let this be a reminder to everyone that COTA is not to be taken lightly, this track can really bite you if you are not careful especially when racing people door to door. Be Safe everyone!
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

a 35 min race at 2:50pm on saturday is going to be toasty! at 92deg outside temperature
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
    He's lucky he didn't get hurt wearing a T shirt and shorts! at one of the fastest tracks in america. Let this be a reminder to everyone that COTA is not to be taken lightly, this track can really bite you if you are not careful especially when racing people door to door. Be Safe everyone!
    Was it the curbing that he hit and upset the car? I'm curious if you should hop the curbs or are they too big and you need to avoid them?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Was it the curbing that he hit and upset the car? I'm curious if you should hop the curbs or are they too big and you need to avoid them?
    I don't know how bad the curbs are but it did look like he hit the curb and upset the car. His other mishap on the other side of the track was close to being bad also.

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar
    When track is cold, go out and walk or ride your bike around, there are some curbs you definitely do not want to hit.
    AI # 12

Quote Originally Posted by cjlmlml View Post
    When track is cold, go out and walk or ride your bike around, there are some curbs you definitely do not want to hit.

Agreed!!!!!!!!
    ― Paul Newman

Blog Entries
    I sent an email to double check but I'm assuming/hoping the final class/group breakdown is different than what is listed on the tentative schedule; 26 vs 55 for cyclone vs thunder.

Pretty sure the schedule just needs to be updated at the bottom to show the correct breakdown, but if not, it would be 55 cars spread across AI/CMC GTS1-4, PTD, Spec E30, Spec e46, spec 944, all in Thunder, and with 26 SM cars having Cyclone all to themselves.

Pretty sure it's just that block of text needing to be updated at the bottom of the schedule but I'm watching some Spec E30 guys go ape shit about it on facebook right now.

Blog Entries
    NM, spoke to will; there's a little more in cyclone and less in Thunder so I think there's some adjustment in the numbers, and there's 50+ in blitz too; cyclone has a 45 minute race on Sunday so not many cars can move into that group.

I'm assuming with COTA being a huge track, there should plenty of room for everyone to get along this weekend hopefully.
    Last edited by Pranav; 05-24-2017 at 04:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    ...and he's reaching out to the Spec E30 and 944 groups (total of 11) to see if they can run with Cyclone, the caveat is being able to run a 45 minute race and make fuel/weight work.