Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: COTA (May-2017) Time to Sign-Up!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Tried registering tonight but it would say unable to complete-duplicate transaction. Deleted everything in the cart and tried again but still says unable to complete.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Tried registering tonight but it would say unable to complete-duplicate transaction. Deleted everything in the cart and tried again but still says unable to complete.
    Call your bank, I think they limit racing fees to $500/weekend, you will need to get that bumped. :-O
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Call your bank, I think they limit racing fees to $500/weekend, you will need to get that bumped. :-O
    You are correct sir. They didn't say anything about the $500. They said it was flagged due to the company I was paying having fraudalent charges and it being out of state. So I asked why did a much larger charge from last month for Disney World not have a problem. No idea since it's a third party company that puts temporary holds on cards. But they never called me which has happened in the past while getting gas on a race weekend-Cabelas card has been great service for years. I was hoping it was just a sign I didn't need to go to Cota.
    So now I am registered and have to swap the rearend, check pads, etc. Good thing Michael Mosty is coming over to help me?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are correct sir. They didn't say anything about the $500. They said it was flagged due to the company I was paying having fraudalent charges and it being out of state. So I asked why did a much larger charge from last month for Disney World not have a problem. No idea since it's a third party company that puts temporary holds on cards. But they never called me which has happened in the past while getting gas on a race weekend-Cabelas card has been great service for years. I was hoping it was just a sign I didn't need to go to Cota.
    So now I am registered and have to swap the rearend, check pads, etc. Good thing Michael Mosty is coming over to help me?
    That sounds like a Left Wing conspiracy. In their eyes Disney is okay but racing is just wasting fuel and filling the air with carbon monoxide. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    That sounds like a Left Wing conspiracy. In their eyes Disney is okay but racing is just wasting fuel and filling the air with carbon monoxide. LOL
    I knew it!!!

I've got my fair share of COTA prep too, God be with ya'll!
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    This makes me feel marginally better about the level of prep I have left for COTA. Marginally...
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Okay guys. We have Garages 7, 8, and 9...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...II_Qjk/pubhtml

There will be typical "big rig" sized parking behind the garages, so my thought is to have those of you with RV's create a "box" around our three garages and have EVERYONE from AI/CMC paddock in the same place. I know logistics with spares may be a challenge, but I think it would be great if we were all in the same place.

Garage 9 will be the Mexico AI/CMC contingent with their 2 CMC cars and 1 AI car!!

Thoughts?

RV's that I can think of...
    1. Martin
    2. Jordan
    3. Holdway
    ???

link to the parking map showing the garage tenant parking.
    https://flic.kr/p/TJX8SC
    Last edited by marshall_mosty; 05-21-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Okay guys. We have Garages 7, 8, and 9...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...II_Qjk/pubhtml

There will be typical "big rig" sized parking behind the garages, so my thought is to have those of you with RV's create a "box" around our three garages and have EVERYONE from AI/CMC paddock in the same place. I know logistics with spares may be a challenge, but I think it would be great if we were all in the same place.

Garage 9 will be the Mexico AI/CMC contingent with their 2 CMC cars and 1 AI car!!

Thoughts?

RV's that I can think of...
    1. Martin
    2. Jordan
    3. Holdway
    ???

link to the parking map showing the garage tenant parking.
    https://flic.kr/p/TJX8SC
    I just paid for my RV parking. I think they are going to also charge us for pit bikes. Also the thing I read said you will park where the team NASA hired tells you to park. I don't think you will be able to park just where you want to.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    IMG_1777.jpgso is the support paddock up top free for RVs?? I thought i read anything with living quarters is free to park up there? Plus you can see a LOT more of the track instead of being crammed in the garage parking area.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 05-21-2017 at 01:42 PM.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Also the thing I read said you will park where the team NASA hired tells you to park. I don't think you will be able to park just where you want to.
    I'll coordinate this again with Adrian, but I pitched my idea to her and she said we would have the 18-wheeler spots behind the garages we have reserved. I just thought it would be cool to have everyone together.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...