Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CMC Mustang

A few years ago the CMC national champion had sail panel side windows (not windshield or rear window) in his Mustang along with other non conforming/missing parts. They were deemed not to be a performance advantage despite the rules and he was allowed to keep his championship.
    Last edited by BADVENM; 02-27-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: clarification

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    A few years ago the CMC national champion had lexan windows in his Mustang along with other non conforming/missing parts. They were deemed not to be a performance advantage despite the rules and he was allowed to keep his championship.
    I remember the sail panel ducting but not that there was lexan front or rear. Several of us would have come completely unhinged if we had understand that.

How would I confirm that said car had lexan windshield/rear "glass" and was NOT DQd?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Sorry about that, I clarified my remark.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    More clarification is needed than that. Multiple people showed up to nationals with clearly non-conforming cars. After some discussion on the performance benefits of the illegal parts, they were allowed to run the national championships without changing their cars. In tech after the races, multiple cars were disqualified for non-conformances on the same performance level as the cars that were allowed to run. Since the issues were found after the races, the cars were disqualified. The much slower car that wasn't any more legal than the cars that finished in front of him was declared the National Champion. The whole thing was an absolute steaming pile of dung. It has been discussed here at length before...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    Sorry about that, I clarified my remark.
    No worries. Wasn't trying to poke anybody in the eye.

A technical DQ cost a guy a season championship here several years ago - nobody I'm aware of thinks it was anything other than a mistake, and in fact had been overlooked in annual tech for many years.

I wasn't there, but illegals cars should have been DQ'd. Maybe it sucks, but that's how we expect the rules to be enforced.

I'm glad Richard is learning to "let go."
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I'm glad Richard is learning to "let go."
    Richard was a spectator at that event and not involved as a participant. His observations and recollections are correct. I was in the middle of the pile of dung and I am still in recovery.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

I saw this car on the nasaforums and it looks like it may be too modified for CMC, but I was hoping someone could provide some more specifics. http://nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=131946

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Care to share why you are only looking at a Mustang? Are you coming to Cresson next weekend to look?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

I will be at Cresson to watch and learn, Mustangs have been a long time favorite and I'd like race one at the track.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    Care to share why you are only looking at a Mustang? Are you coming to Cresson next weekend to look?
    Because fords are better haha
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman