Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
Rather than muck up the Jordan Motorsports MSRC Winning thread...

We've had similar issues before within AI/CMC - i.e. that some AI guys have had "difficulty" accepting a pass from a CMC car that just ran them down.

I don't have enough experience to know what to demand from the RD in these cases. Clearly we'll continue to address the expectations in the driver's meetings. So, is there an obligation for an out of class car to yield to an overtaking car?

So there may not be an affirmative obligation for an out of class car to yield, there is clearly an obligation to be aware.

If we expect to have group assignees/visitors at Hallett, we will all be better off having clear behavioral expectations ahead of time.

Discuss/agree/disagree to your heart's content.

- If I'm driving alone and see 2 cars having a battle coming up behind me, I'll safely do everything I can to not interrupt the battle.

- If I'm in a battle and there is faster traffic coming from behind, my priority is keeping a fair battle while letting faster traffic through, however we know this plays out many different ways. It doesn't always work to our benefit, but losing a position is always better than a bent car.

-If I'm in a battle and we're coming up on slower traffic, I'm going to do everything I can to make the traffic work in my advantage.

It takes the whole run group to be on the same page for these three posts to work and even then they don't work perfectly, but at least we can all be on the same page and cordial about it. It's all about respect for people's quality of wheel-to-wheel race time.