Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wipers: Delete or Keep?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I think they help as the white car has wipers and I know I have used them. My question is whether rain tires are worth it? I have two rain tires and debating getting two more with my toyo money or get rid of the two so I have fewer tires/wheels around.
    They're not worth it, get rid of them to me so I only have to buy two.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    This thread reminds me I need a new wiper blade.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Do you guys need to run deflectors or something to keep them planted? I swear they lift off the windshield of my truck over 80.
    Last edited by Supercharged111; 04-03-2017 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Typing on a phone blows
    RM CMC Director

Junior Member Rookie
    Here is a simple test to see if you need wipers. Put rainX on your daily driver. Then on a rainy day follow a semi on the freeway and get up into the spray coming off the truck. Then shut off your wipers and see how well rainx works......
    Bob

...keep your wipers
    Bob Denton
    CMC #67
    Great Lakes Region

Blog Entries
    Has anyone looking into air blowers instead of wipers? This air pump for my helmet blower is pretty light, cheap, and moves a decent amount of air. I figure if I got a two and had them pipe into both ends of molded hose along the base of the windshield with small slits along to let air escape at higher velocity...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Has anyone looking into air blowers instead of wipers? This air pump for my helmet blower is pretty light, cheap, and moves a decent amount of air. I figure if I got a two and had them pipe into both ends of molded hose along the base of the windshield with small slits along to let air escape at higher velocity...
    Seems like that relatively small amount of air would be overwhelmed by the airflow over a vehicle. But then, not everybody believed in the Wright brothers.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Under what section of the CMC rules is that allowed by? I think I agree with Rob the mass of overall airflow would overwhelm your helmet blower.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Under what section of the CMC rules is that allowed by? I think I agree with Rob the mass of overall airflow would overwhelm your helmet blower.
    I guess that kills my idea

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...pg?format=750w

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I got it that the overwhelping concensus is to wire them up and make them work, but do you 4th gen guys have issues with wipers floating at speed? I don't even have wiper arms or a switch right now, but I'm more inclined to hook up a factory stalk to keep intermittent ad well.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I got it that the overwhelping concensus is to wire them up and make them work, but do you 4th gen guys have issues with wipers floating at speed? I don't even have wiper arms or a switch right now, but I'm more inclined to hook up a factory stalk to keep intermittent ad well.
    I have the factory set-up still on my car but never use anything but high speed.

JJ