Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fire Safety

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by 39PitCrew View Post

I would NOT rely on this stuff. The 3M material that Pranav posted is a far better material that will actually expand in a flame and seal the hole even better. It is required in all penetrations in fire partitions in commercial construction.

Also, anyone that has a fear of fire, feel free to stop by my shop sometime and look at some parts I have sitting outside. I would suggest that you use steel to seal holes in firewalls. Aluminum is pretty well pointless in a serious fire and becomes molten rather quickly. Those of us with composite body panels should be even more concerned and you F-body guys with plastic fuel lines worse still. This was a little fire compared to what CAN happen. I have seen the end result of REAL bad fire and it's scary as hell what melts completely away as if it were never there!!!!
    Ah, fugg it.

Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    I would NOT rely on this stuff. The 3M material that Pranav posted is a far better material that will actually expand in a flame and seal the hole even better....
    shoot, I think I got the FireBlock, not the Fire-barrier. Does the Fire Block expand like the Barrier stuff?....couldn't find where it says it does

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by WutApex View Post
    shoot, I think I got the FireBlock, not the Fire-barrier. Does the Fire Block expand like the Barrier stuff?....couldn't find where it says it does
    I do not believe it does.
    Ah, fugg it.