Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hallett Media 2017 - Woo Hoo! It's Hallet.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I like how the wiper cowl deployed to prevent the car from endo-ing backwards. It seems like somebody gets one of those every year. I think Brad got Perry last year from our region and in 2014 Perry got Allford.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    OE - where's that clip of you dragging your mirror up the quarter of my hooptie?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Don't worry... it'll be here. Everybody has a forward facing camera... right?!?

I need another nap.

https://vimeo.com/223223243

Should be up around 8:00pm Monday 6/26.
    I wonder if there had been a pace car Dave would have hit it too. How many contacts in that half a lap?

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I wonder if there had been a pace car Dave would have hit it too. How many contacts in that half a lap?
    I was looking for it, but it probably would have been another Camaro.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    OE - where's that clip of you dragging your mirror up the quarter of my hooptie?
    https://vimeo.com/223722093

Here's my view...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Great drives!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    In case you were wondering why I suddenly stopped going at the start of Saturday's invert.

https://youtu.be/oFwbpOLKRxQ

As you can tell it took me a good second to figure out what happened, lol.

Axle broke a few laps later.
    Last edited by Pranav; 07-02-2017 at 03:42 AM.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    I don't have my video edited yet but I wanted to say Thank You to everyone for a great Hallett event!!! It has been a crazy year with co-driving Marshall's AI car early in the year, having a new baby boy in April, and now getting back to CMC racing at such a classic event that is Hallett.
    I had to knock the dust off the car (literally all the dust from Marshall soda-blasting at the shop), and gave the car a good cleaning to remove the rubber marks from the last few years. Marshall helped me get the car ready and install a new TKO600 to replace the old Tremec 3550 I had been running the previous 12 years.

Race 1 had me start on the pole and I took the right side of the track so I had an open spot in front of me and Tyler had an AI car in front of him. We split the AI car at the start and Tyler got me going through T1. The whole race was spent trying to get by Tyler and I really didn't have any close opportunities to do so. On the last lap I got a good run coming out of the Bitch and was right on Tyler's bumper. I went inside to see if he would cover and entering the last turn Tyler bobbled pushing out to mid-track. I took the inside line and we drag raced to the checker, with me barely edging him out by .06 seconds. What a blast!!
    Race 2 was the invert. I can't really remember many specifics of the race because I was pissed at myself for getting into Jerry's going through T6. I went on the inside and just locked up slightly and into Jerry's door, sorry bud. A lap or two later I got by Jerry and then had a heck of a battle with Ole English. I think we went side-by-side all the way from the exit of the Bitch to the hill entering T4, what a blast!!!
    Race 3 started and ended very quickly as my driveshaft blew up right at the start. I pulled over just after the flag stand and watched the starts of the other waves come through as I stayed securely belted in, haha. It ended up being a welding failure where the main tube connected to the rear section. With not having a spare driveshaft I was pretty much dead in the water. Until Marshall thought of Mr Martin who had unfortunately lost an engine earlier in the event. John already had his car loaded and was just about ready to leave the event but was so gracious to loan me his driveshaft. That is AI/CMC comradery!!!!
    Race 4 was a great battle with Tyler the entire race where I think I was yelling for the white flag about the last 5 laps. It was such a blast getting back to CMC racing!!

Thank you to John Martin for the much needed driveshaft, I so greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you to Dave and Sean for some BBQ that just leaves me speachless!!! The brisket and everything for dinner was amazing and the midnight ribs were just plain awesome!!! The three flavors of ribs were perfect!!
    And thank you to all the AI/CMC racers that make this event so awesome every year!!
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region