Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hallett renewed my racing flame

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hallett renewed my racing flame

Racing after Cresson was just not fun. After being very competitive at Cresson and Jay crashing out in R1 while passing for the lead then winning a pole and race the next day then me winning the invert we were on top of the world. At TWS we were three seconds behind the leaders and the car was so loose it was wreaking in every corner. Found the front sway bar end link broken after the weekend was over. We go to COTA and we were not good. Certainly I wasn't. I told BL that after COTA for the first time in eight years of racing I thought about quitting. At Cresson one of the AST's got torn up and I had to purchase a full set of new AST's. After another engine took a shit I gave up on the high compression route and built a 9.5:1. The cost was around four grand. Then COTA was $1700.00 and we lost a transmission after two sessions on Friday ($500.00 for two sessions). Another two grand plus for a new TKO600RR. A set of tires for COTA and another set for Hallett and I was just about ready to give up. The money is bad enough but (and I know some of you are sick of hearing it) COTA was just not fun for us. For the most part I don't really worry about the cost of racing as long as we are having fun. TWS with a ill handling car then COTA back to back plus all the money spent and I really had a bad taste in my mouth. Then I went to Hallett. Damn that place lit a fire in me again. Lots of passing and very close racing. Yesterday Jay sent me a link to all our videos from the Hallett weekend and I got all fired up once again. Hallett and getting to race there with you guys is the best and most fun you can have with your cloths on! If you have never made the Hallett trip (It's a long trip and you may get to know about the Hallett curse) but it's so worth it. We broke on Friday or Sat. the first three years but we still go back every year. Don't know why I thought I needed to post this but if you are feeing like I was you just need to get to a fun track and enjoy racing with the best class of guys in NASA.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Agreed. Racing at Hallet is like none other. How cool to have your son and your grandson there. That dude looked cool in his Hallet gear and he would not get off of that scooter.
    I'll be ready for next year with a new car.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    I'll be ready for next year with a new car.
    #78? Not a mustang...
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    It's gonna be challenging in 2018.

I just got word that we are running the 1.8 in October because they are already tearing down the back straight.

So TWS actually is gone for next year, I'd bet we are going to have COTA and NOLA back on the schedule to help fill the gap. I guess MSRC twice?

Hope this doesn't effect our car counts as I know how some of y'all feel about NOLA and COTA.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    It's gonna be challenging in 2018.

I just got word that we are running the 1.8 in October because they are already tearing down the back straight.

So TWS actually is gone for next year, I'd bet we are going to have COTA and NOLA back on the schedule to help fill the gap. I guess MSRC twice?

Hope this doesn't effect our car counts as I know how some of y'all feel about NOLA and COTA.
    Even though NOLA is a long drive and not a great track for racing IMHO I would rather go there than to the monster right in my home town. I could not be more disappointed in COTA. I kept hoping that we would be able to race there since it's so close to home. Maybe I would like it if I was faster........but I doubt it.

1.8 that sucks. I guess we did not have some kind of contract that said we would race on the 2.9?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Back in the "day" we would race MSR-C three times, MSR-H once, TWS once, and Hallett once..
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    We need to do MSRC 1.7 backwards next year as something totally new. Also, hopefully ECR will get their track fixed, that is always a fun race.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    We need to do MSRC 1.7 backwards next year as something totally new. Also, hopefully ECR will get their track fixed, that is always a fun race.

Yes sir.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yeah the new ownership deal for ECR is promising, hope they can fix the track.

Good thing we have so many tracks these days.

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Central region races at Hallett in October.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro