Thread: Thoughts on a Clutch

Thoughts on a Clutch

All right, so I need a few thoughts an a clutch. Getting the flywheel machined and putting in a new clutch. Right now I think I am leaning towards a Spec stage one but wanted to get some thoughts.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I think I'm running an OEM/Oreilly one... been in the car as long as I can remember.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    All of the pressure plates are the same, originally made by valeo but now a mystery supplier with a c70043 label on it. It is the stiffer lt4 plate.

Get the one off rockauto.

I had great luck with an $84 6 puck ceramic clutch disc off eBay. The brand is like XTD or Rigid or something, should be able to find it.

No damper springs to break and lasts forever. I changed mine out each time I changed engines so Paul Culp got three barely worn discs when I converted.
    Last edited by Pranav; 07-26-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    I think I'm running an OEM/Oreilly one... been in the car as long as I can remember.
    Me too since Sept 2014. PP was a Valeo IIRC. Went in when I blew the original to me up headed into T1 in warmup and did 100mph helicopters into the dirt. Soooo much dirt. Works well enough for less than stock power.
    RM CMC Director