Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWS closed

Bet there's a pile of perfectly good LS motors in there...
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Spec Corvette! They're firing that up in CA. 200TW tires in a C5 Corvette, LS6 power (380whp), insane discounts on the basics like brake kits, shocks, and stuff. Pretty limited class though. Price wise I think it'd fit in between CMC and AI. Oh, and no aero. By the sounds of things it wouldn't be a 13/13 class either, tire donuts would be acceptable.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Spec Corvette! They're firing that up in CA. 200TW tires in a C5 Corvette, LS6 power (380whp), insane discounts on the basics like brake kits, shocks, and stuff. Pretty limited class though. Price wise I think it'd fit in between CMC and AI. Oh, and no aero. By the sounds of things it wouldn't be a 13/13 class either, tire donuts would be acceptable.

wasn't there something between cmc & AI that they came out with already????

Not bitter or anything
    AI # 12

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    This one is happenstance, not intentional. No manufacturer contingencies, just a bunch of aftermarket companies willing to cut some killer deals on their parts. Like Falken Azenis 615 for something on the order of half price. Still out of my budget to build a car, but a flood car might make a good base.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjlmlml View Post
    wasn't there something between cmc & AI that they came out with already????

Not bitter or anything
    Are you talking about the old AI before it became Spec S197? Or CMC2 before it became Mustang Challenge? (been too long and couldn't resist since I won't be at the track till next year)

Thought there are 7 SI cars at the East Coast Nats.

Spec Corvette does sound interesting if they truly keep it limited and on a tire that last a season. I like Spec E46 but don't think they did a good job of limiting things to keep spending in check. Why would you spec out an allowed $3,200 set of wheels and a $5,000 diff when you aren't even allowed to upgrade the brakes. Just doesn't make sense when the premium build cost of parts only is $27k.

Don't think we realize how spoiled we are with how good CMC really is when you look elsewhere.

What is a 13/13 class?

Don't know what a 13/13 class is?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    What is a 13/13 class?

Non-13/13: expectation that minor rubbing may occur...likely considered a racing incident (CMC, SM, SpecE30, etc.)
    13/13: expectation of no contact (GTS, SPB, etc.)

At least that's how I've understood it...

What is a 13/13 class?

Its roots come from vintage racing, however, other classes use it. To summarize, they are pretty strict about any type of contact

Driver Conduct and the 13/13 Rule
    All drivers are subject to the VDCA 13/13 driver conduct rule. The VDCA 13/13 Rule states that if you are involved in an incident that causes damage to your car or that of another competitor, you can be excluded from the remainder of that event. Further, you may be excluded from future VDCA events or placed on probation for a period of up to 13 months. Additional incidents occurring during a period of probation may result in further exclusions and/or an extended period of probation.

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar
    Are you talking about the old AI before it became Spec S197? Or CMC2 before it became Mustang Challenge? (been too long and couldn't resist since I won't be at the track till next year)

What is a 13/13 class?

Was referring to spec iron
    AI # 12

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I have been following them on FB. Could be a good class if they can truly control cost.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yeah it looks slick.

There are still some "gotcha" costs on the c5 like trying to rebuild that transaxle and stuff like that, but great class overall.