Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TWS closed

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Yeah it looks slick.

There are still some "gotcha" costs on the c5 like trying to rebuild that transaxle and stuff like that, but great class overall.
    To be clear it's a T56 and a separate diff so not a true transaxle and not much, if any more expensive to rebuild than a Camaro T56 unless you're paying labor to have it removed and installed.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    Spec Corvette! They're firing that up in CA. 200TW tires in a C5 Corvette, LS6 power (380whp), insane discounts on the basics like brake kits, shocks, and stuff. Pretty limited class though. Price wise I think it'd fit in between CMC and AI. Oh, and no aero. By the sounds of things it wouldn't be a 13/13 class either, tire donuts would be acceptable.
    Where do I find more information about this series?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Where do I find more information about this series?
    Look at me being a shitty CMC director plugging another series.

http://speccorvette.com/
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    To be clear it's a T56 and a separate diff so not a true transaxle and not much, if any more expensive to rebuild than a Camaro T56 unless you're paying labor to have it removed and installed.
    True, I had a C5 Z06 and lots of friends with vettes, almost all of them have blown up the transaxle (the diff part) and it's a bitch to deal with. I think there are lots of corvette taxes in a racing series, still pretty neat though!
    Also, torque tube, driveshaft donut things, more headaches.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    True, I had a C5 Z06 and lots of friends with vettes, almost all of them have blown up the transaxle (the diff part) and it's a bitch to deal with. I think there are lots of corvette taxes in a racing series, still pretty neat though!
    How many of these issues go away with low grip tires? Sticky race rubber hurts the bottom line in so many ways...

Richard P

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    380 rwhp with 200 tread tires just made Procter buy a vette. Be like driving in the dirt making turns both ways.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Surprisingly few on the road racing world blow them up, and they love to run screaming hot with the lack of airflow. My torque tube is in need of a rebuild at the moment but that's cheaper to do than buy a used TT. A lot of the Corvette taxea are eliminated in this series, but I don't think his page does a good job of depicting that. Most of the afternarket mods are a solid 50% off of what is listed online. The real trick is to snatch up a lowish mileage coupe for 10-12k that has a solid motor and trans, the 6 speed part can sometimes require patience. I have a C5Z06 Commemorative Edition so I definitely have a soft spot for these cars.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    380 rwhp with 200 tread tires just made Procter buy a vette. Be like driving in the dirt making turns both ways.
    That would be fun.