Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
For the past many years we've had an occasional issue with part throttle hesitation. Last weekend at Hastings I had an instance where the car was fine for the warmup lap in qualifying, as soon as I took the green for my first qualifying lap the car simply fell on its face at 1/4 throttle and remained that way with the foot to the floor on gas pedal. When I backed off to 1/4 throttle the car would run. When I pulled into our paddock area the car had an odd idle to it. I remembered our Nationals race at Miller a few years ago when the car died in the middle of the track at standing start. When we got off the track Scott wiggled some plug and/or coil wires and the car fired up. Figured I'd try that and it worked. So we're trying to track down what appears to be a coil or wire or cap problem. I pulled a spark plug yesterday and it looked incredibly well for being in the car several years.
Perry had an issue a couple years back where the coil's pigtail was making a shitty/intermittent connection. I had driveability issues on my basically CMC spec 5.0 that I had in my Crown Vic. As soon as I switched over to the GT40P heads I had a lean tip in which I band aided by cranking fuel pressure from 39 to 43. Granted you are running all Cobra stuff so likely not an issue for you, but thought I'd throw that out there. The rules kinda suck for a guy with an E cam, GT40 top end, and a stock tune.