Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No reports on the MSRH weekend?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No reports on the MSRH weekend?

What happened?

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    The timing loop was messed up by ground movement due to Harvey.. Will's team and the track folks worked into the night Friday and again on Saturday to no avail... So, manual scoring it was!!!

Short story:
    We had 2 AI and 8 CMC cars. The Legends and PT guys were also racing with us. It was hot & humid all weekend (unlike your current locale, Jerry)… Craig brought out his new “IMSA” quartered car and had the cooling system finally work as designed but was taken out on R1 Saturday by a broken bump steer bolt. Thankfully Martin Motorsports had a replacement available. Dr. Rob had some “off track” fun on Friday that resulted in a semi aero-less car since splitter attachments needed to be re-made and couldn’t be fabricated at the track. A R1 vibration ended up being attributed to “square” tires. Rob said round tires are much easier to drive with for the rest of the weekend. In CMC, the racing was spread out with Tyler and Michael taking the top two spots on the podium with the Jon Martin’s ’07 rounding out the top three. Kent Wiseman was having issues with a miss… parts were quickly thrown at the car in an attempt to find the gremlin… unfortunately it was elusive and the team fears it to be the Opti-crap… Ken’s car knew when lap 7 was coming around as that is basically when it kept failing.. Hopefully Kent will have everything sorted out. Michael ran a good race in R2 and after rolling off the scales, had his exhaust fall off forward of the H-pipe. After the repair, the refuling was forgotten so R3 only lasted half a lap before fuel starvation sidelined CMC #11. Michael opted to start DFL in R4 and drove to a win in R4 when Tyler’s car ate it’s panhard bar in R3. Daniel Records had his brand new engine bite the dust in R1 in the CMC 34 FOX Mustang and retired early. After an all night thrash and a hope to swap a spare engine from a Thunderbird, his team called it a night and subsequently a weekend…  Pranav ran a clean weekend and ran towards the front of the field and was showing some good speed. For R3 and R4, three CMC cars graciously re-classed to give Toyo bucks to both fields. Thanks to Martin Motorsports, Al Fernandez, and Kevin Jander for helping out… John even was able to get his first win in AI after Craig retired with an engine issue (still under diagnosis). Paul Green continued to work towards his competition license and power steering gremlins on Sunday made R4 an "effort".
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    "New" Engine picked up today. No more nice motors for this car until the cooling issues are sorted.

Probably going to bag NOLA in favor of some closer track events to do alot of testing on coolers and stuff to see if I can keep this thing thermally stable.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Felt behind pace all weekend, need to spend a DE weekend out here running CCW, just couldn't figure the track out but seemed to do it well in the CW weekend.

Despite going off twice on Friday, hard, the car just ran solid all weekend and came home with nothing new needing to be redone or fixed, which has never happened before.

Well I did lose all electrical power during Saturday's warmup after going over the jump, but coasted all the way to pit lane then found it was just a loose battery terminal, so maybe that doesn't count

Nice sum up Marshall!

No timing
    Missed the drivers mtg
    Drilling holes in f-body bellhousing to tighten pressure plate bolts
    Stiff car really helped for the Carousel transition
    Broke PHB mount (unheard of according to Max Motorsports)
    Met the legends guys (good group)
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Big news actually out of the legends group. They are moving away from the yahama engines to Busa engines. The black pruvit car was one of two there with it. Talk about fast, they are going to be mixing it with the CMC field a lot more with that setup. It was pretty crazy to see.

Side not: Unfortunately I spent most of the season putting the car together but this weekend finished everything for the Comp license. Hard will be here in 10 days.

Seriously though after spending two laps to get used to driving without power steering it was an absolutely riot. Driving with next to no assistance is the way to go!!

Quote Originally Posted by liquidroam View Post
    Seriously though after spending two laps to get used to driving without power steering it was an absolutely riot. Driving with next to no assistance is the way to go!!
    Uhhh...that sounds like a misery loves company deal right there

Personally I'm glad we didn't have timing all weekend. This way there is no proof of just how slow I was.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidroam View Post
    Big news actually out of the legends group. They are moving away from the yahama engines to Busa engines.
    Interesting stuff. Hope that goes better for them than the engine changes did for the Factory Five group...

Richard P.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    Uhhh...that sounds like a misery loves company deal right there

Personally I'm glad we didn't have timing all weekend. This way there is no proof of just how slow I was.
    Not sure that I have ever quite understood what my front tires are doing or can take until I started getting the unassisted feedback.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    Interesting stuff. Hope that goes better for them than the engine changes did for the Factory Five group...

Richard P.
    Remind me? Added something for more power and then the class dissolved? Sounds almost similar to CMC but somehow it has managed to hang on.

So what is the difference between the engines? Power, cost, etc.?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24