Thread: Camaro rear pads

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Camaro rear pads

I've been running xp10s in the front, parts store ceramics in the rear for a while now.

I had previously tried xp8 in the back but got too much axke hop, but that was a few years ago when I didn't know how to heel toe.

What are you guys running in the back these days?

I also have a prop valve but leave it to full bias because the ceramics don't grab hard enough to hop.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    I have Raybestos ST43 (comparable to Hawk DTC60, MUCH better modulation than a DTC70) pads front and rear. With the bias taken out of the rear all the way I still get some axle hop when I jump on the brake pedal quickly (without locking the front). I remember one of our guys couldn't even get a weekend out of a set of parts store ceramics out back, so I'm very conflicted about what to buy next. I was thinking of the Hawk 5.0 or Street Race pads.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Hawk blue on back

I've been running xp10 fronts and xp8 rears for years. Just tried ST43s up front and liked them, but don't see a particular reason to change the rears except that I'll probably not buy carbotechs and instead go with their doppleganger; they last a long time and rear seems to respond well to adjustments to the bias valve.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    I ran and really liked the Carbotech AX06. It was an auto-cross designed pad. I ran a stock off the shelf pad a lot, but found this pad and it allowed for a lot less rear brake bias.

Parts store rears here and have lasted for 6 weekends with a lot of life left. But I am slow soooo probably not a great idea to copy me.