Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what would you do?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Fernandez View Post
    lol you guys are funny
    No way of knowing at this point if they would fix anything or just call it "within tolerance". If it's the pcv I should see oil in the intake by removing the throttle body or using a scope right?
    Make them provide the tolerances in writing ahead of time with the various levels of resolution INCLUDING a worsening condition that has clearly been identified. If they won't put it in writing, call Ford investor relations and make some noise. Odd are you'll end up in the C-suite resolution channel which helps move the dealership along.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    MANY of the new consumption tolerances are 1/2 and full quarts every 1000 miles or so. the 5/20 and 0/20 oils burn off like mad. even the 0/40 in our SRT engines drains like friggin' water when cold. Also, my intake on the race engine was dry as a bone with only a mild residue. Never did figure it out completely but I sort of copied the Rehegan racing setup and the problem went completely away....yet I still found raw oil in the breather catch can when I pulled the motor. Nearly 1/3 quart. weird.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    0W is supposed to be thin when cold, that's the point. Just like any oil being like water when warm. The perfect oil would maintain the same viscosity regardless of temperature. Also, synthetics flow better than dyno oils which can make them appear to be thinner than they really are.
    RM CMC Director