Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2018 schedule

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    Guess it would be worth it to get an exact definition of "paying", is that simply a race that pays in the way of points or is it only races that are a Toyo paying race. I'm gonna say its simply points races.
    I believe it's points races. And don't think they have to all be in one class. Somebody smart answer this man's questions.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    I'm just glad the east/west coast thing is over and we are back to a real one championship race.
    Last edited by Suck fumes; 10-23-2017 at 10:54 PM.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    So it's either a non-Toyo invert, or an additional weekend.
    Pretty sure National Champion is about racing in a Regional series and then going to a National Championship to race against other regional series competitors.
    Not a one race wonder who thinks he is the National Champion by racing in one event.

NASA has had the same nationals qualifications for a long time and for you to say that people that can't/don't run the whole season are not real national champions is a pretty big insult to a lot of people who have won the big show in the past. A national championship race is up against the best in the country and while I do agree winning the year long points battle is prestigious it is still not the same as racing up against the best from all over the U.S. in one event. When you actually compete in nationals you will understand. In the past all points races were counted as a "race" toward nationals unless something changed recently? I will confirm with Will.
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    Hmmm, "5 points paying races" is something I havent thought about before. I thought its 5 points races, doesnt matter if they are inverted, standing start, flying start, etc.
    Guess it would be worth it to get an exact definition of "paying", is that simply a race that pays in the way of points or is it only races that are a Toyo paying race. I'm gonna say its simply points races.

We've never been asked to prove we've met any of the criteria, including as a team in the 5 championship events we've competed in.
    I would argue that it's any points race. Think about Hawk Bucks: you can get them based on your best finish of the weekend as they don't require you to declare which is/isn't for that contingency.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    It's any points race in any car/racing class.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Personally I'm very excited to have one nationals event and that said event is at COTA. I'm fairly sure that weekend will cost more than the recent Tx region only event, which is a bummer, but hopefully the extra hoopla and additional drivers makes up for it. As to the Tx schedule...yeah, bummed about the relatively few number of events.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Were there rumblings of an ECR resurface? Or am I imagining things?
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I hope, I love that place!!
    Last I heard they have sold off percentages of the business and they are owned by multiple people, making decisions hard to agree on.
    I do hope we are able to go back there soon. Last time we raced there it was pretty bumpy but not terrible.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    You heard right. Apparently they recently cancelled an event to do some grinding for part of the short term solution.

We have a contractor here in house at work that's pretty familiar with the facility - I'll get an update if I can.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    The biggest thing I noticed about the schedule is that there are no TBDs. Does anyone know if there is an intent or desire by management to add an event or two if the opportunity arises?

Richard P.