I've crossed the scales at less than 2900 in my car a couple of times. It's trivial for me to ballast up to be legal. It's not realistic for me to "tweak" my engine to get to the power needed to be competitive at 2900. I would need to spend some serious money to make my car appreciably lighter or have enough power.

Marshall didn't say it, but I would guess AJ Hartman going all carbon fiber on his turbo 6 car was starting to scare some people on a direction the class could go.

I get the idea that a lighter car will be cheaper to run because of less tire wear. Realistically, with the current tires heat cycling out so bad, I think that ship has sailed.

Rule changes often hurt/help different groups of people. I don't really see how this weight change will add any racers but I see how it could drop a few.

If a non-Ford replacement engine was legal, I would have done that a while ago and raced a bit more. Tire costs scare me more these days. I've chosen to have fun running my car in non-racing events. I finished up my car last night and put it on the trailer for this weekend. The weather should be great...

Richard P.