Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snoozing?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar

Snoozing?

This forum is a bit dead. What's going on???

First, the points spreadsheet has been updated after NOLA but the drops haven't been calculated in. So, we technically don't know who won (well, anybody that cares does) and the top finishers can't claim Toyo bucks yet. The bigger news is that no one seems to care (not just our group). When I was in charge of points for our group, I was hammered if I didn't have them out the day after the event...

Next, the 2018 AI, AIX, SI rules are out. This used to be a really big deal...

The CMC rules aren't out yet. There is probably a big holdup trying to figure out what to put on the cover. It's usually the previous year's national champion...

In other news, a Camaro DOMINATED the final race at NOLA in CMC. Every session, every lap, every race had a Camaro on top. Mustangs didn't even podium or collect a single Toyo buck... Congratulations to Kent for his first win?

At least Corey Rueth, one of our former CMC/SI racers is still having fun "driving": https://jalopnik.com/how-to-kill-a-j...els-1820220739

Any thoughts on a banquet or just a group party???

Hoping for more excitement in 2018...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I've been busy. Got my rear end out of the car for new r&p after i randomly broke a ring tooth at some point in September.

Getting it all back together this weekend for TDE next weekend.

Blog Entries
    Let's do caffe capri again?

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    I've been busy changing another engine, will be in for a banquet or party. Hope to drive more and wrench less in 2018 or I'll be selling and moving to something different

Also trying to make the same event as Pranav next weekend.
    Last edited by drecords; 11-08-2017 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Content
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Yeah interesting how much quieter things are lately. CMC rules were submitted on time, not sure why they're not published yet.
    Al Fernandez

Blog Entries
    CMC rules are so stable there isn't as much to discuss. I don't race AI or plan to so that is a non event. I don't race for points so another non event for me. I have 5 sports teams and cheer starting this weekend with kids so doubt I would make a banquet unless its in my area.

That being said I still love racing, this group, and plan to keep racing when it doesn't interfere too much with family life. On the bright side my 7 year old is now into cars so maybe I can follow in Jerry's footsteps in 6-7 years. He associates Miata's with cars that you can start racing at 13.

Congrats Kent-but even though a Mustang didn't collect a single Toyo buck neither did a Camaro.

Daniel-I haven't pulled an eng/trans/rearend since I got my license about 10 years ago. If you want a podium car in your color with little wrenching get in touch with me.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Grass-Passer Suck fumes's Avatar
    so did the 4.6L get an intake plenum and throttle body?
    “A man with no enemies is a man with no character.”
    ― Paul Newman

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    I've been busy changing another engine, will be in for a banquet or party. Hope to drive more and wrench less in 2018 or I'll be selling and moving to something different

Also trying to make the same event as Pranav next weekend.
    I've had the same LT Juan for 3 seasons now. Could move to a Chebby.
    RM CMC Director

Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    That being said I still love racing, this group, and plan to keep racing when it doesn't interfere too much with family life. On the bright side my 7 year old is now into cars so maybe I can follow in Jerry's footsteps in 6-7 years. He associates Miata's with cars that you can start racing at 13.
    I know where you can get a 2001 Miata for pretty cheap.
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

Quote Originally Posted by 39PitCrew View Post
    I know where you can get a 2001 Miata for pretty cheap.
    I just got a 2000 a few hours ago, nice.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net