Quote Originally Posted by Suck fumes View Post
Even with AJ's ecoboost setup he still got out torqued by the bigger V8 cars and didnt win when his boost level was legal.
Yeah, but a 3800# car compared to a 2700# car on the same 275/18 tire is just pure physics. Has NOTHING to do with heat cycles. The lighter car will destroy the bigger one in the corners and under braking especially with suspension and aero being wide open in AI. Frankly, the S197 is the car at the major disadvantage if they are going to let the S550 in. In all honesty, the fox chassis cars SHOULD get the lower minimum weights to keep them interested in the series as viable competitive cars. They trying to maintain parity across 3.5 generations of mustangs, 2 generations of camaros AND GTO's and Challengers (granted rare) purely all based on HP/WT when all use the same 275 wide control tire is amateur at best. Given some of the "OTHER than a mustang" chassis require so much to develop, why WOULD anyone develop them if they have no path to have an advantage? IF AI rules committee truly wanted to grow the series, they would get creative and offer some bones to get the other chassis interested but it seems they are just content to be lazy and be "spec mustang" along the lines of whatever Ford Racing is going to push down the line or phase out for $.60 on the dollar. It's the reason why SMART racers will go buy a C5 Vette for $9k and build a WAY faster car or go buy a tube frame car for $20k because building a Pony car for road racing for $70-130k is just moronic.....and yeah, I learned that the hard way.

Something you haven't taken into consideration about AJ's car is he has shit shocks/struts and typically is running on the oldest tires on the planet. If he would/could spend like the rest of of the field and have even better stuff under the car, I think his car would start to shine. I REALLY wish he would have bought my Motons when I had them up for sale.