Thread: Foxbody removable windows?

Foxbody removable windows?

I've got an open trailer and hate getting into a water logged seat. I'm thinking about making some plastic windows for the fox.

Anyone have experience with that? I've seen Richard P.'s plastic windows and they seem to work well. Does any one use the factory glass?

Going to the dyno this weekend (and loading the trailer the night before) is going to suck if it's all in the rain. The car will have to sit out over night in the rain as well.

- Josh

PumpkinHPR.jpg

We used 1/8" masonite for our Fox Mustang windows. Its flexible and easy to install and remove. For our latitude (Kansas) the plastic gets very brittle for our early and late season events (some with snow) and eventually cracks. I'll get the name of the material for you shortly. We took a stock window and used it as a template for the wood material windows. We then secure it so it doesn't slide down and fall out (inside the car) with that piece of particle boardish material you see at the bottom of the window. On the inside its secured with two washers and wing nuts so it doesn't vibrate out while traveling to and from the track.
    Last edited by BADVENM; 01-18-2018 at 08:35 AM.

I'm not sure what our other CMC driver used for his car but can find out.JoestangHPR.jpg

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I've seen Richard P.'s plastic windows and they seem to work well.
    You're welcome to grab the windows out of my car for the weekend if you want. Mine are made from Lexan.

Richard P.

I've never seen a CMC car (or racecar for that matter) in snow, certainly would make for interesting racing!

- Josh

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    You're welcome to grab the windows out of my car for the weekend if you want. Mine are made from Lexan.

Richard P.
    I'll take you up on that.

- Josh

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    My car came with aluminum towing windows that work great for rain and washing it. Would be pretty easy to cut with some of those metal sheers. They bungee into the window.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I've never seen a CMC car (or racecar for that matter) in snow, certainly would make for interesting racing!

- Josh
    GL/MW guys get it too. RA1s make shitty snow tires. . .
    RM CMC Director

pueblosnow.jpg

This image was taken shortly after the last race of the weekend about 8 years ago, my rookie year. During the race at Pueblo the snowflakes became half dollar size. The burnout box area on the drag strip portion of the track was ice and several cars spun, a few into the wall.

Senior Member Grass-Passer Wade's Avatar
    Jerry Jordan should have a template as I believe he made the ones in the 34 car that Daniel has. They are thin aluminum sheet, which has held up for YEARS without cracking. I loved them when I had the car. I used to tow with them in all of the time. No car cover needed. We used small bungee cords to the window frame to hold them up in place.
    '86 Mustang Coupe - CMC2 34