Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
My vote would be an A-5 conversion for the T-5. Best shifting transmission I've owned. Do spend the extra few hundred bucks for the upgraded mainshaft. Facebook reminded me that I broke my stock mainshaft in my A-5 3 years ago at MSR-H... LOL

Michael drove a 3550 for 10 years before it finally literally wore out. It never "broke" and once he upgraded a few parts on the 5th gear side, it worked flawlessly. His box has a RR 5th gear and I'm sure he would sell it, but according to Joe Dietrichs it needed about $800 worth of "love" to get it back to "new-ish" condition. He's currently using a TKO-600.
Yup, I still have my 3550 just sitting at the shop. It ran "good" when I pulled it out but had a decent grind shifting from 2nd to 3rd. Everything else about it felt great. I had Joe look through it and he said to do it right it would be $700-800 to change out the worn parts and I figured after racing on it for 10-years to just spend the extra and buy a new one.
It does have the road race 5th gear which is an expensive conversion because you have to get a new main shaft and 5th gear together.
If you are interested in it give me a call and we can discuss, 972-897-1424.