SN95 gas tank

Looking for an original SN95 gas tank.
    Let me know if you have a lead on one.
    Thanks,
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Did the 4.6's have a return-less system? You may need a 94-95 specifically, not sure.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Rookie
    LMR says 84-97 was the same tank. Only $112 for a new one.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-9002B/1984-...-Tank-With-Efi

I've heard that the baffles in aftermarket tanks aren't as good for fuel pickup. No experience with it personally.

- Josh

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I've heard that the baffles in aftermarket tanks aren't as good for fuel pickup. No experience with it personally.

- Josh
    I bought one of the aftermarket ones and it sucks on track. I have to keep it at least half full not to starve. I gave up and cut a stock one apart to reattach the baffle. It's got its own issues. I'd love a original tank with the baffles still intact also...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I purchased a tank for the 55 (returnless system 2002) on Amazon and it will work fine as long as we keep It above 3/8ths of a tank.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    I purchased a tank for the 55 (returnless system 2002) on Amazon and it will work fine as long as we keep It above 3/8ths of a tank.

JJ
    Does your fuel pump sit in a largeish cylinder thing? If so, I think that helps keep it from starving, the tank that Michael has I ran for 1 race and pulled it to put in a early SN tank, ford started spot welding the baffle instead of brazing it so it should hold up better (SN vs Fox). The aftermarket tanks are a joke, it's basically a bowl with a hole drilled in the side, the OE tank has a proper baffle setup.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    On the tank I got the pump sits inside a round baffle just like the stocker. The part around the pump is what broke on my stock tank and it was just rolling around by the wires.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Does your fuel pump sit in a largeish cylinder thing? If so, I think that helps keep it from starving, the tank that Michael has I ran for 1 race and pulled it to put in a early SN tank, ford started spot welding the baffle instead of brazing it so it should hold up better (SN vs Fox). The aftermarket tanks are a joke, it's basically a bowl with a hole drilled in the side, the OE tank has a proper baffle setup.
    2003 Cobra tank is the way to go...but is VERY expensive...or was. best baffle on the planet when used with the proper fuel pump canister. used to run mine down to 1.5 gallons or less before starvation but it also had two pumps in it to suck up every last drop.

Granted, I had nearly $1k in the tank/pumps but that was 10 years ago.
    Ah, fugg it.

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AI#97 View Post
    2003 Cobra tank is the way to go...but is VERY expensive...or was. best baffle on the planet when used with the proper fuel pump canister. used to run mine down to 1.5 gallons or less before starvation but it also had two pumps in it to suck up every last drop.

Granted, I had nearly $1k in the tank/pumps but that was 10 years ago.
    This. I just ran mine down to 1.75 gallons and had no starvation issues. Mine is still stock. Maybe this is a good replacement. http://www.on3performance.com/shop/o...fled-gas-tank/