Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SN95 gas tank

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Update:
    I got a junkyard gas tank for $35 and spent about an hour trying to get it fully cleaned out. It had some sediment and gunk in it which concerned me and I still need to slosh a few more gallons through it for it to fully be cleaned.
    I started to pull my tank and did notice when I pulled the fuel pump out that the strainer had fallen off. I'm going to try putting a new strainer on for COTA and run the old tank to see if that at least improves my pickup issues. If I can get the 94/95 tank clean, I'll put it in before Hallett.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Update:
    I got a junkyard gas tank for $35 and spent about an hour trying to get it fully cleaned out. It had some sediment and gunk in it which concerned me and I still need to slosh a few more gallons through it for it to fully be cleaned.
    I started to pull my tank and did notice when I pulled the fuel pump out that the strainer had fallen off. I'm going to try putting a new strainer on for COTA and run the old tank to see if that at least improves my pickup issues. If I can get the 94/95 tank clean, I'll put it in before Hallett.
    I would dump a heavy dose of techron AND a solvent based fuel cleaner in there before friday practice and bring some extra fuel filters.

I was blown away buy how much crap my 93 tank shed and for how long.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Rob Liebbe's Avatar
    I highly recommend adding a fuel pump access door if you are going to have to mess with pumps at the track if you don't already have one.
    Rob Liebbe - Texas Region
    Camaro, Mustang, doesn't matter to me, I'll race it.

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    I highly recommend adding a fuel pump access door if you are going to have to mess with pumps at the track if you don't already have one.
    +1 for access door. Took me about an hour and 2 beers to do this.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    Access door has already saved me a huge amount of time.

- Josh
    CMC #50