Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSR-C (March-2018) Time to Sign-Up!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    In case you didn't get it in email; we're going to have a gridded/organized qualifying start:

"Hello NASA Texas Racers!

With a record amount of entires comes some potentially congested track. To help everybody get the most out of their qualifying, we've set grids for Saturday Qualifying. These are primarily sorted by class and date of registration. We feel this will help everybody's chance of getting a clean lap in qualifying. The grids can be seen HERE. And will be posted at Driver Info. (Cyclone will be posted soon)

See you at the track!"

http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/N.../MSRC%20March/

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    In case you didn't get it in email; we're going to have a gridded/organized qualifying start
    I'm glad they are doing something. Not sure I like the method. If they keep this method for future events, it will certainly change when people sign up. Mosty and Jander didn't sign up with the normal method, so they apparently don't get to qualify...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I think it was just a game time decision.

With cresson being such a tiny track and having so many classes shoved in together my assumption is this is a cresson specific deal.

I'm guessing Sundays grid would be set based off r1

I'm still waiting to see if I can race. Maybe they'll put me back with the RX7s.

There's going to be lots of craziness with all of these different cars on track. Then throw in these damn Colorado guys.

I was thinking that gridding by fast lap in practice would be a good way to do it, but there are so many cars that practice is probably going to be a mess too.

With this scheme it's still going to be a mess, at least it's being recognized I guess.

I propose who ever stays on track the longest gets pole, an extra season point if you can do it without contact!

- Josh
    CMC #50

Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I was thinking that gridding by fast lap in practice would be a good way to do it, but there are so many cars that practice is probably going to be a mess too.

With this scheme it's still going to be a mess, at least it's being recognized I guess.

I propose who ever stays on track the longest gets pole, an extra season point if you can do it without contact!

- Josh
    I have no complaint with the qual grid order

Well I just got a medical wavier to race this weekend, now if I can just figure out work.

I probably won't have time to get my car dynoed. Does anyone have a problem with me racing for no points if I can't get the dyno?

I'm trying to get my races in for nationals.

Except you Cody. I don't give a damn what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Trublu View Post
    I have no complaint with the qual grid order
    Hah, you're the winner of the grid! I guess no one has to play games getting to grid an hour early.

In CMC the grid is set as: Ford Chevy Ford Chevy Ford Chevy Ford Chevy Ford. I guess someone was having fun the Excel sorting functions?? A good opportunity to observe car parity?

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    A good opportunity to observe car parity?

- Josh
    It looks like they are trying for force parity down our throats. It's not going to work...

Richard P.

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty328 View Post
    Well I just got a medical wavier to race this weekend, now if I can just figure out work.
    Why would they give a medical waiver to a 70 year old???
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region