Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SN95 Wheel Tire Help Please!

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    No toe plates so this is best estimate with tape measure. 72" front, 72.5" rear. With toe plates I can see this number changing by 1-1.5" depending on where you measure. To have clearance as the car sits offset is the answer. I put some 24mm offset steeda's on there and I don't think it will rub, but if it does its not by much. Track width should have narrowed by roughly 18mm. I only put one side on to check clearance so I didn't take a measurement. Here are a few pics. Attachment 1765Attachment 1766Attachment 1767
    Mike, what wheels are you using? the black wheels appear to be MB Battles...

With the 9.5 width 15mm offset MB Battles my rear track width is 72.625 with 5/8" spacers. My front track width is 72.56 with no spacers... The outside edge of the tires appear flush with the body on my '94 GT...

Senior Member Rookie
    The black wheels are MB Battles in 17x9.5,15mm offset. Other than the spacer size difference on the rear your numbers are about the same as I am seeing. Interesting that mine seem to stick out beyond the body so much.

Junior Member Rookie
    That does seem odd that yours stick out so much... a fellow CMC racer here in the mid-Atlantic also runs the MB Battles with the same specs. His do seem to protrude from the body of his car slightly more than mine but I would guess no more than a 1/4" or so... We have checked our. track width with toe plates and are the same... When I built my car I did roll the fender lip on the rear and maybe doing so stretched the panel slightly.

Pull the spacers from the rear and you're probably good there.

The front doesn't look terrible with the +15mm offset wheels. You could add some camber just in case (don't forget to set toe afterward). The front wheels don't move straight up and down so hopefully it tucks inside the fender nicely as the wheel goes up. It is possible that the car would get wider as the wheel moves up for a period of travel - depending on your ride height. I haven't studied old mustang suspension enough - I know way more about S197 stuff.

If you're really paranoid about bumping a fender you could pull the spring out of the front suspension and run it through it's range of motion.

The car looks shiny!

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie
    I didn't think about removing the spring. So I can run it Friday I am just going to have the tires moved to an extra set of the Steeda's I have.

I have a feeling that tire rub is not the only thing I am going to find that needs attention after Friday.

Car is too shiny and orange.

Thanks again.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    I didn't think about removing the spring. So I can run it Friday I am just going to have the tires moved to an extra set of the Steeda's I have.

I have a feeling that tire rub is not the only thing I am going to find that needs attention after Friday.

Car is too shiny and orange.

Thanks again.
    These MB Weapons I am bringing for you are +27 so that should help with clearance.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    These MB Weapons I am bringing for you are +27 so that should help with clearance.
    Awesome.

Senior Member Rookie
    Can someone tell me what size and pitch the lug studs are? I jacked up the threads on one front and one rear. Replacing front hub now but can't seem to find the right thread chaser for them.

Can someone tell me what size and pitch the lug studs are? I jacked up the threads on one front and one rear. Replacing front hub now but can't seem to find the right thread chaser for them.
    Mine are 1/2-20
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie
    Nevermind. Summit in the morning and i will be ready to go. Mine is seems finer than 1/2x20. I will have spares now. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Mike