Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SN95 Wheel Tire Help Please!

Senior Member Rookie

SN95 Wheel Tire Help Please!

What wheel tire combo's are you running to not have rubbing issues. Track width too.

I put some 275x40x17's with 15mm offset on the car and the tires stick out quite a bit further than my other car. I can not see how this is not going to rub tomorrow when I set the car on the ground.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Last edited by centerville; 03-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.

+18mm offset Enkeis fit my fox without rubbing. It's got the fenders rolled and spaced a bit, Tyler's work. A lot of other fox guys run fender flares instead of spacing the fenders out.

- Josh
    Last edited by Sook; 03-05-2018 at 11:37 PM.
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie
    Thanks Josh. My fenders are rolled and inner linings have been relief ed for rub. But car only had 255's on it before now. SN95 has a little bit more room than a fox that's why I was wondering what other have done.

Still trying to make the test n tune Friday but not looking good now.

Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    Still trying to make the test n tune Friday but not looking good now.
    What all do you have left?

Spacers to clear the fender well, and more camber to clear the outside of the fender

What ever the track width rule is, you can bet that the fast guys are pushing the limit and wishing they had more. SN95 is allowed a little more width than a fox.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by centerville View Post
    What wheel tire combo's are you running to not have rubbing issues. Track width too.

I put some 275x40x17's with 15mm offset on the car and the tires stick out quite a bit further than my other car. I can not see how this is not going to rub tomorrow when I set the car on the ground.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Mike,
    What year Mustang do you have? Is it rubbing on the front or rear?

Between everyone here we run all year ranges so we should be able to get some specifics to you. Also if you can get pics of how bad it is sticking out, that will help.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Rookie
    It's a '94. When I get home here in a little bit I am going to set the car on the ground and see what happens. I can take a pic when I get home.
    Both front and rear stick out about 1-1.5" from the fender or quarter. Also I have a 1" spacer on the rear. I took some measurements last night and back only seemed to be .5" wider than the front with no spacer up front. Once I set it on the ground I will take better measurements.

Senior Member Rookie
    It's going to rub if I get an compression out of the suspension. Some more camber and a little fender flaring and it might work. Only thing I can think with the rear is to change the offset to 30mm instead of the 15 currently. Back track width is about .5" wider than the front with the 1" spacers. Here is a couple of pics.IMG_20180306_170904.jpgIMG_20180306_165843.jpgIMG_20180306_164202.jpg

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    What is the front and rear track width with the set up pictured ?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Measure with toe-plates if you have them.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Rookie
    No toe plates so this is best estimate with tape measure. 72" front, 72.5" rear. With toe plates I can see this number changing by 1-1.5" depending on where you measure. To have clearance as the car sits offset is the answer. I put some 24mm offset steeda's on there and I don't think it will rub, but if it does its not by much. Track width should have narrowed by roughly 18mm. I only put one side on to check clearance so I didn't take a measurement. Here are a few pics. IMG_20180306_194051.jpgIMG_20180306_190723.jpgIMG_20180306_194041.jpg