Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: COTA Regional Attendance

  1. #11
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Powell View Post
    I am all for a big compound, that way I can point to it and tell people thatís where the cool kids are.

    And that's why you will never be one of the cool kids. Everyone knows where the cool people hang out. If you have to point it out, it and you aren't cool...


    Richard P. (not a cool kid, either)

  2. #12
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Friendswood, TX
    Posts
    1,029
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I think the deal killer for me is Sook and Martin getting DQ'd in R3 which moved me from 10th to 8th and screwed me out of $50 Toyo $$. Why did Martin get a DQ and what place did he originally finish?
    Martin was originally in 4th I believe and was also disqualified for weight.

    Richard P.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    I think the deal killer for me is Sook and Martin getting DQ'd in R3 which moved me from 10th to 8th and screwed me out of $50 Toyo $$. Why did Martin get a DQ and what place did he originally finish?
    My bad, I would have much rather kept the win! My plan is to guarantee I won't ever be under weight again, even if the car is out of gas.

    Also, sorry for spilling gas in front of you in R4 John! I have to fix/figure that out too. I think I was spilling it on my own rear tires as well judging by how slide-y the car was.

    - Josh
    CMC #50

  4. #14
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Georgetown, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,864
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    My bad, I would have much rather kept the win! My plan is to guarantee I won't ever be under weight again, even if the car is out of gas.

    Also, sorry for spilling gas in front of you in R4 John! I have to fix/figure that out too. I think I was spilling it on my own rear tires as well judging by how slide-y the car was.

    - Josh
    John was not the only one getting a fuel bath. The first few laps it was pouring out on left turns (of course there were only two turns that were not lefts). Looks like the neck grommet at the tank. Now if I can figure out why the 55 is pouring fuel out of the evap canister.

    JJ

  5. #15
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    3,240
    Josh,
    Look at the o-ring seal on the top of the tank. I know you pulled the pump at MSRH and it might have become pinched. I've had mine do that on occasion.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Josh,
    Look at the o-ring seal on the top of the tank. I know you pulled the pump at MSRH and it might have become pinched. I've had mine do that on occasion.
    I also had it out 3 (4?) times at Cresson chasing issues, so you're probably right. I'll try to get a bunch of those seals on order, they don't fit very well after you've used them once.

    - Josh
    CMC #50

  7. #17
    Senior Member Rookie smitty328's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth
    Posts
    195
    I can't imagine I'll be able to make it. But if I do, I like Cody's idea. HPDE 4 is cheaper and you get more track time.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,253
    Blog Entries
    2
    Yeah I'm not paying for a garage this time, let's do the compound.

    Who is doing the Friday practice?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I also had it out 3 (4?) times at Cresson chasing issues, so you're probably right. I'll try to get a bunch of those seals on order, they don't fit very well after you've used them once.

    - Josh
    You and Daniel had the same problem with the pump seal swelling out, I told him to put it in the cooler for a while and it shrank down to fit again.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Georgetown, TEXAS
    Posts
    3,864
    Blog Entries
    1
    As a team I just can't justify $1200.00 for three races, $250.00 for a garage spot, $500.00 for a practice day (that I really need) and $1200.00 for a new set of RR's. So one of us only gets one race the whole weekend for $3150.00. Plus whatever I paid last year (or more) to get my RV in (who knows). I don't think so. The three races is more of a deal killer for me than the total amount. I will come watch and get ready for Hallett.

    JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 03-13-2018 at 03:20 PM.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    2,980
    I'm still having sticker shock, but I would like to drive it before Nationals. Would be in for the compound thing wherever that would be. Can we cook on-site or is that just another reason not to go?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •