Track is so long that the out lap/cooldown lap take so much time it impacts the length of the sessions and the number allowed. I'm curious if insurance costs are different. But I feel safer in my 260 rwhp fully caged, suited, hans, fire system in a race than I would in a DE in short sleeves in a 520 rwhp Vette with people who have little track experience (especially at COTA).

Otherwise I can speculate and the first factor is this is a business to make money. There are more potential DE people than racers out there and if you make it cheap enough hopefully there will be more demand for DE. Keep in mind NASA is based out of Cali and don't know about now but years ago they would have DE only weekends with tons of cars. Look at all the other DE organizations out there running events and now with TWS out of the picture weekends are more limited.

Now back to Econ 101 and supply/demand for me. I'm going to skip racing at COTA so no $1,200 in revenue. However I still may come and run DE which works out to $799 with the $100 off I could use at Hallett. (DE also gets one extra session per day compared to racers which is why Daniel sniffer is confused if he is going to pay more for less time) If I DE that's still $500 less in revenue than if I was racing but $800 is better than $0. What's interesting is NOLA in October is only $285 for a weekend of racing compared to Hallett being $429.

After this whole lesson it brings me back to a question already asked about SIM rigs? I forgot to look closer at the rig in the van I saw at Cresson.