Thread: How to Check T2R or Auburn

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

How to Check T2R or Auburn

Are there any ways to check out the condition of a T2R or an Auburn limited slip posi? I have one T2R in the car and one in a box that came with the black car as well as an Auburn that has "worn out" written on the box. Also in the box is a return program with Auburn but that it's past the four year window of course so apparently it is re-buildable. Then I have an Eaton in another diff and one more I need to identify.

I'm looking at buying another used aftermarket T2R if the spare I have is bad? Then I'll be selling several others. I recall Craig taking a T2R apart and putting it back together but didn't know if he did something to actually rebuild it or was just playing rubik's cube in the garage?
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    T2R is just a bunch of worm gears. I couldn't seem to get mine all the way apart, I imagine you have to spin the guts in just the right sequence to get it all out the side. My gears ate the case, so the whole thing was junk. That's the first thing I would check for. How much slop does your driveshaft yoke have back and forth before the wheels move? Auburn is pretty easy, just take it apart and give the cones a visual. If they're not all tore up, scuff the mating surfaces and reassemble.
    RM CMC Director

Might want to proceed with care if you are thinking about taking the T2R apart Bryan. All of the wok gears are clocked and indexed and need to be reassembled exactly as they are removed. There is a few tricks to it but in reality I doubt you will find any issues in there.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!