Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: COTA (May-2018) Time to Sign-Up!!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    I sent this out to the AI guys:

Racers,
    It looks like COTA is shaping up to be a great 2nd annual event for the Texas region of NASA. Will and his crew put on a spectacular event last year and I'm sure this year will be no exception. With Nationals being at COTA this year, this will be good "practice" for those of you coming back in September.

As this is a cross-over event for Texas, I wanted to be VERY clear on my expectations as your series director for the event (and season for the TX yahoos).

Dyno Sheets
    You MUST have a valid dyno sheet that was done prior to this event, but AFTER your last event in 2017. You need BOTH pages. The form you fill out needs to be FILLED OUT, please. All the boxes, spaces, etc need to be addressed. The dyno form needs to be signed by both you and the dyno operator. The dyno graph needs to reflect the same information (HP, TQ, date) as your form you fill out.

HP/TQ/Min Weight Stickers
    The windshield stickers need to either match your HP/TQ for your dyno sheet or be HIGHER. The minimum weight on the sticker needs to match the calculated minimum from your form for your platform and ABS/no-ABS configuaration.

Safety Gear
    Make sure all your crap is up to date. Last year we had an AI car blow an oil line and have a pretty decent fire inside the car as a result. Make sure you have all the holes in your firewall, floorboard covered. There was a post on EVERY NASA forum after that event with the video and suggestions to prep your car accordingly. Please go back and read that and read this:
    http://www.motorsportretro.com/2013/02/f1-fire/

AI Rules
    Make sure your car is legal for AI. We are prepping your car for Nationals so I don't want anyone to say "I didn't have time" or I didn't think it mattered. The rules are the rules. If you don't want to run in AI we can put you in AIX or you can "fun run" in AI from the back of the field. Please, please, don't make me have a difficult conversation with you about the prep on your car. The majority of you I know and I know the build of your cars (and that you have been racing for a while). For those of you that don't know me, I'm really a good guy but have to put on the "tough father face" via email... LOL
    https://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/...iron_rules.pdf

Series Dues (TX Region drivers only)
    For those of you have haven't already contributed, the series due for the year are $30. This covers the costs of the traveling year end trophies as well as the plaques at Hallett. I haven't been collecting for several years so I'm trying to cover the deficit that has caused. If everyone pitches in this season, I will be ----><---- close to covering the gap. You are racing at COTA (I know what that entry cost), bring an extra $30 to get yourself off the "hasn't yet paid" list please.

Where to park
    If you haven't been to COTA, there is a large concrete/asphalt pad between the last part of the straightaway going into T12 and between T13. I'd like to see if everyone can paddock as a group (unless you are already in a garage). This area was pretty empty last year. The area behind the garages was a mess last year so we would never be able to be together down there.

Availability
    If anyone needs to get in touch with me, I always have my phone on:
    (940) 736-9043
    I retired the car last year so am taking a break from racing, but will be around on foot. I'm having shoulder surgery next week due to an injury a few weeks back (dislocated shoulder) so I'll be one-armed for COTA, so might not be able to get around as quickly as scooter access for me might not be the best idea, but I will be roaming around...
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Trying to get the #39 ready or another car?
    If there was a chance it would likely be the 88. At this point probably #39 until Nationals. Of 2018. Need some motivation... and a personal fleet that works.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    If there was a chance it would likely be the 88. At this point probably #39 until Nationals. Of 2018. Need some motivation... and a personal fleet that works.
    At least the trailer brakes will be working by Hallett.
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Assuming the answer to this is simple, but assumptions are bad mkay. Since we have 3 races, are #1 &#2 the Toyota races?
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Toyota races?
    If you already own a Toyota does that mean I get double points?

-Only guy that tows with a Toyota

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    If you already own a Toyota does that mean I get double points?

Autocorrect fail.
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post

Not true. Paul "vato duals" Culp may have a story about a tundra going to Hallett.
    --
    ------__o
    -----_\ <,_
    ----(_)/ (_)
    Laissez les bons temps rouler

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Everyone,
    I wanted to reach out and let you know that from a Director’s prospective, this weekend was a complete success. I’d also like to extend my gratitude to the guys from California and Colorado that took time out of their week to trek down to Texas. I hope you all enjoyed the weekend. The level of prep from the California guys is simply on a different level. Your cars are all works of art!
    The way everyone also conducted themselves on-track was as best that could be considered considering our R1 grid had 61 cars!! I appreciate your patience with everything grid related throughout the weekend. COTA is a very large facility and just movement logistics are difficult and slow but you guys took it in stride! The on-track racing was fierce and intense with lap records falling in both AI and CMC. Congrats to both Michael Patterson for a blistering American Iron time of 2:30.102 and Kevin Jander for a smoking CMC time of 2:37.282!! Well driven guys!
    I hope to see everyone back at COTA for Nationals in September!
    But… our next event is the “Summer Shootout” at Hallett over the weekend of 8-June!!
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Awesome... waiting on the stories.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Awesome... waiting on the stories.
    Michael has clutch stories to share.

JJ