Thread: TWS Visit - April 2018

Hybrid View

TWS Visit - April 2018

TWS made so much money from storing Harvey cars that I've been holding out on a miracle happening and they reopen the track as is. I took a trip from Houston to College Station to pick-up some car parts yesterday. While I was there I took a pit stop at TWS to see what I could see. They've got "No Trespassing" signs all over the place so I didn't want to push my luck too much. All the Harvey cars are gone. It looks like the tunnel under NASCAR T1 is gone, I assume for car haulers to get all the cars out. I went around to the back gate and saw that it looks like they started digging for sewers but have since stopped? As far as I can tell, the whole back section of the track is gone.

Here's some good news, might not become a subdivision. Possibility of funds being raised to recondition it. https://jalopnik.com/the-thousands-o...exa-1825009993

I don't think we'll get old TWS back due to the changes that have already been made, but maybe we could get TWS 3.0? I can't really tell if the 1.8 is still there or not.

Bonus: saw some old rusty cars.

- Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sook; 04-09-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    CMC #50

Those same rusty cars have been there ever since I can remember.
    Al Fernandez

That dream was short lived

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Gone for good.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Such a fucking waste! I think that was the last land available around Collage Station to build houses on.

JJ