Thread: TWS Visit - April 2018

TWS Visit - April 2018

TWS made so much money from storing Harvey cars that I've been holding out on a miracle happening and they reopen the track as is. I took a trip from Houston to College Station to pick-up some car parts yesterday. While I was there I took a pit stop at TWS to see what I could see. They've got "No Trespassing" signs all over the place so I didn't want to push my luck too much. All the Harvey cars are gone. It looks like the tunnel under NASCAR T1 is gone, I assume for car haulers to get all the cars out. I went around to the back gate and saw that it looks like they started digging for sewers but have since stopped? As far as I can tell, the whole back section of the track is gone.

Here's some good news, might not become a subdivision. Possibility of funds being raised to recondition it. https://jalopnik.com/the-thousands-o...exa-1825009993

I don't think we'll get old TWS back due to the changes that have already been made, but maybe we could get TWS 3.0? I can't really tell if the 1.8 is still there or not.

Bonus: saw some old rusty cars.

- Josh
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sook; 04-09-2018 at 05:41 PM.
    CMC #50

Those same rusty cars have been there ever since I can remember.
    Al Fernandez
    CMC National Director

That dream was short lived

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Gone for good.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Such a fucking waste! I think that was the last land available around Collage Station to build houses on.

JJ

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    COTA in 15 years?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    COTA in 15 years?
    Stop it right now..... you never know and we don't need to help it out at all.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    Such a fucking waste! I think that was the last land available around Collage Station to build houses on.

JJ
    hardly. 3 other large developments already further along with streets on the ground.
    To hell with the rules, the guidelines and the politics....built the car to my wishes and having fun being the underdog running with the Wolves!