Thread: T56 Trans Rebuilder

Hybrid View

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    You can also follow my whole saga on this here:
    http://www.aicmctexas.com/showthread...ghlight=clutch

I also had another issue where the LT1 clutch pedal was shorter than the LS clutch pedal, so I got a RAM adjustable MC which is nothing more than a stock MC with the rod modified with a threaded rod end.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    My C5 Z06 developed the issue on its own. I replaced slave and master with new GM parts and remote bleeder, no change. Replaced clutch and shimmed slave within spec, now it's much worse because the pressure plate is stiffer. Install Tick master, can bang gears again and shifts are smooth. There are many cases where ditching stock master is the only fix. Corvette is plagued by having 3 orifices whereas F body only has 1 that is easily drilled out. The Tick can be had in a factory 7/8" bore if you ask them nice, otherwise you get the 3/4" bore. I was worried about it over centering the clutch, but it doesn't feel that way in the car.

Forgot to mention Corvette had a self adjusting pressure plate which is why the master was not adjustable. Pretty sure the F body was the same way as well as anything that came after it. If a non self adjusting pp is installed, some form of adjustable master will be required.
    Last edited by Supercharged111; 04-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    You gotta keep a mityvac strapped to the dash then