Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COTA Media

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blk96gt View Post
    We didn't get many as many laps on Saturday because we got hosed by not having a grid until 5 minutes before race time.
    Was there any explanation for this? I know Marshall was asking for a grid sheet multiple times and we didn't get anything back.

So I experimented some more with live-streaming at COTA. Links are on my Facebook.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    We didn't get many as many laps on Saturday because we got hosed by not having a grid until 5 minutes before race time.

Sunday we got hosed because of full course cautions for both races.

I have zero desire to run the short course. If anything letting us go through the short course for outlaps and cool-down laps would be a better option. I'm not sure how viable that is though.

I'm really sorry on the grid issue. That is on me and Clifton... We learned a hard lesson, unfortunately at everyone else's expense.. My apologies.
    Regarding the short course out lap, I suggested that last year and the track config wouldn't allow it due to the movement needed for the required barriers.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    I'm really sorry on the grid issue. That is on me and Clifton... We learned a hard lesson, unfortunately at everyone else's expense.. My apologies.
    Regarding the short course out lap, I suggested that last year and the track config wouldn't allow it due to the movement needed for the required barriers.
    How is it on you? Shouldn't it be the race director that's responsible for grid?

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    How is it on you? Shouldn't it be the race director that's responsible for grid?
    I suppose that I could put it on Clifton, but I’ve done grid for our group for so long that I feel it’s just “part of the job” for me to do. However, with the HUGE field at COTA, I didn’t want to have to figure it out by hand since we had so many “extra” groups above and beyond the PT guys.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Blog Entries
    Not trying to dump on you or Clifton, but setting qualifying for Saturday by registration time for the whole field, independent of class wasn't great.

What we did at MSRC worked way better. Can we do that at Hallett? I'm liking the organized grid for quals, makes it so much easier to bang out a good qual time and not worry about hitting slower traffic or worrying about holding up a faster class car behind you.
    Last edited by Pranav; 05-11-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Race 2
    White balance.

How was it with the BMW guys?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Pranav's video does a better job of depicting the challenges the track presents the driver.
    RM CMC Director