Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett 2018

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Liebbe View Post
    I am planning to be there - sans car.
    Why no car?

Senior Member Grass-Passer Crumpacker's Avatar
    Going to dust off the creamsicle and see if I still remember how to drive it... anyone have a garage or covered parking available?
    Sam Crumpacker
    CMC #54 - '94 Creamsicle

"Group D, Drama, to grid.."

Blog Entries
    So I just saw the schedule for Hallett.

A 25 minute and 20 minute race on Sat. and a 45 minute race on Sunday. I know we were getting four 30 minute races at Hallett before. No qual on Sunday gave us extra time. This year it shows a warm-up but no qual and only one race (a 45 minute race at that) on Sunday.

Michael,

Is this why you were looking for a different fuel tank knowing we had a 45 minute race?

I'm guessing this Hallett weekend will be the Jordan's last NASA event. The car will be for sale right after the Hallett event. Kind of pisses me off that no one would give me a heads up.

JJ
    Last edited by ShadowBolt; 05-24-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Not a fan of only three races. There were reasonable excuses for COTA but those reasons don't apply to Hallet.

Richard P.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=RichardP;79728]Not a fan of only three races. There were reasonable excuses for COTA but those reasons don't apply to Hallet.

Richard P.[/QUOT

No one gives a shit Richard. They have wanted to push this on us for years. I see where the time went, the schedule shows everything is finished on Sunday before 4:00 PM. 45 minute races are boring. Very little racing goes on after the first 15-20 minutes. Once in a while two guys will race for the complete race but not often. I sent text to a few of my racing friends and not one responded. Guess I should just shut the fuck up.

JJ

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
    So I just saw the schedule for Hallett.

A 25 minute and 20 minute race on Sat. and a 45 minute race on Sunday. I know we were getting four 30 minute races at Hallett before. No qual on Sunday gave us extra time. This year it shows a warm-up but no qual and only one race (a 45 minute race at that) on Sunday.

Michael,

Is this why you were looking for a different fuel tank knowing we had a 45 minute race?

I'm guessing this Hallett weekend will be the Jordan's last NASA event. The car will be for sale right after the Hallett event. Kind of pisses me off that no one would give me a heads up.

JJ
    I had no clue of the 45 minute race. I looked at changing my tank because it started fuel starving at the end of a 25 minute race.
    I had no heads up to give......
    I know we have never had 4 30's at Hallett before. IIRC the last few years have been 20 minute races for R1-R3 and then a 30 min R4.
    Last edited by michaelmosty; 05-24-2018 at 06:51 PM.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Michael, with enough requests do you think we can lobby a schedule change?
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    3 races blows the format for the whole weekend and kinda kills the magic of it all. The real unknown leading into the weekend was wondering how you'd finish those 2 inverts so you could get a decent spot for the final. Is everyone getting a 3 race format imposed on them?
    RM CMC Director

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    3 races blows the format for the whole weekend and kinda kills the magic of it all. The real unknown leading into the weekend was wondering how you'd finish those 2 inverts so you could get a decent spot for the final. Is everyone getting a 3 race format imposed on them?
    Boy you nailed it. Will does not understand. He is telling me that on 20 minute races we only get to race for 12 minutes. Why? If you can't make your out and in laps at Hallett in two minutes or less you don't belong on the track. Two minutes out and two minutes in and we should have 16 minutes of racing. Looking at the schedule no one is getting four races. We used to do 25 minute first race (Toyo Race) then two 20 minute races then 30-35 minutes for the championship race. One year Mike had us running 30, 25, 25, and 30. Will thinks it's just me pissed off because Jay and I share driving. I remember nine or ten years ago when we all voted to run four races and stop with the 45 minute race on Sunday. After the first 15-20 minutes you have very little if any racing.

JJ

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. Haven't registered yet but only three races stinks and makes me reconsider registering today. Final race will end up being a DE session. Temp next weekend is 105 in Plano. Will Connie allow the pool again?

Patterson-do you still do the schedule? Is this set in stone or could this change back to our normal Shootout format? Just doesn't seem like a shootout with only two races and figuring out how you qualify for the final.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24