Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hallett 2018

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    I had no clue of the 45 minute race. I looked at changing my tank because it started fuel starving at the end of a 25 minute race.
    I had no heads up to give......
    I know we have never had 4 30's at Hallett before. IIRC the last few years have been 20 minute races for R1-R3 and then a 30 min R4.
    Bryan and I just looked back and last year we ran a 25 (12 laps), a 20 (10 laps), another 20 (9 laps) and then the championship race was 30 minutes (17 laps).

Jerry

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    It's call the Summer Shootout, not Nationals. Will sure knows how to kill a class. The two inverts after the first race based on qualifying, made for some really tight racing, especially for the mid-pack slackers. A 45 min race will result in a long DE session. Not much racing. We are not Miatas.
    Jerry, I'm with you.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Guys,
    I’ve been actively discussing with Will regarding the schedule. I’ve heard you and am trying to get an improvement/reshuffle to get to what all would consider our “standard” format.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    Guys,
    The easiest way to fix an issue is to pick up the phone and call Will. He’s doing a lot better at being available (phone or text) to listen to your concerns as customers. Throwing down negative posts won’t help anyone (our group or Will).. There are more people than you realize. If we want the series to sustain itself and grow, it needs to project itself as it really is... a bunch of budget racers that spend 5-6 weekends a year sharing a common passion while burning dinosaurs, drinking beer, eating BBQ, and talking about cars... I understand the racing is important, but the social aspect is paramount for most. Hell, I don’t even have a car anymore and just enjoy hanging out...

Just remember that some things evolve and changes need to be made at times to grow the global business. Sometimes that is safety related (HANS, forward facing cameras, etc) and some of it is to accommodate other groups that are growing.

We need to stay positive to continue for AI/CMC to grow!

Note:
    You spoke as paying customers, the schedule has been updated.

https://nasatx.com/wp-content/upload...llett_2018.pdf
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    AWWWW YISSSSS!!!! Summer shootout... Jander should just grid and run with AI.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Registered now with the schedule change. Add one more mid pack slacker to the list. Randy says there might be four from CO coming that aren't signed up.

Guess I have to install the clutch now.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rleng1 View Post
    So who's going to Hallett? Just trying to figure out the dinner menu.
    Meat good. Do we need a thread for grub? Gotta have some Mosty buffalo chicken dip... and Natty Light(s). I'll see what the OIF crew is thinking too.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Raegan will bring a batch of buffalo chicken dip and I'll bring a newly designed Hallett stache. :^)
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by marshall_mosty View Post
    Guys,
    The easiest way to fix an issue is to pick up the phone and call Will. He’s doing a lot better at being available (phone or text) to listen to your concerns as customers. Throwing down negative posts won’t help anyone (our group or Will).. There are more people than you realize. If we want the series to sustain itself and grow, it needs to project itself as it really is... a bunch of budget racers that spend 5-6 weekends a year sharing a common passion while burning dinosaurs, drinking beer, eating BBQ, and talking about cars... I understand the racing is important, but the social aspect is paramount for most. Hell, I don’t even have a car anymore and just enjoy hanging out...

Just remember that some things evolve and changes need to be made at times to grow the global business. Sometimes that is safety related (HANS, forward facing cameras, etc) and some of it is to accommodate other groups that are growing.

We need to stay positive to continue for AI/CMC to grow!

Note:
    You spoke as paying customers, the schedule has been updated.

https://nasatx.com/wp-content/upload...llett_2018.pdf

Marshall,
    I agree. But management needs to communicate to customers before making wholesale changes.
    Just because someone wants to change, doesn’t mean the entire group wants to change.
    Change is necessary to improve, I get that, but data and details need to be obtained, reviewed and discussed, before changes are implemented.
    You make changes without discussion, you will get backlash from your customers.
    No let’s go. It’s Hallett, and it’s on.
    Where is OIF bbq dinner menu?
    Randy English
    CMC #77 Camaro

Ok, 11 CMC signed up. If we are going to request 4 races, let’s register and put on a show.
    Why is Jander so fast? Did he lose weight?
    Randy English
    CMC #77 Camaro