Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hallett 2018

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by allzway View Post
    i was actually planning to come watch, but jaycie is playing in a soccer tournament in colorado this weekend.
    premiere supercopa???
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Trying to change the front hubs last night, the spindle nut on the driver's side galled really bad (200+ ft-lbs of running torque). Found a spare supposedly in stock at a local salvage yard, hopefully the guy on the phone knows what he's talking about.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/znYMDErBsX85Rcp87

The passenger bearing was in horrible shape, fell apart when I pulled it off:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ht6ImOvoT6tx7K933

#cheatermustangprobz
    - Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Trying to change the front hubs last night, the spindle nut on the driver's side galled really bad (200+ ft-lbs of running torque). Found a spare supposedly in stock at a local salvage yard, hopefully the guy on the phone knows what he's talking about.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/znYMDErBsX85Rcp87

The passenger bearing was in horrible shape, fell apart when I pulled it off:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ht6ImOvoT6tx7K933

#cheatermustangprobz
    - Josh
    Damn, stock ford was a fancy nut, I think I used a new rock auto, not as fancy,
    Not so good on the threads either :-/. So mustang hub life is 4ish years of racing, good to know.
    Tyler Gardner
    CMC #13 2015-2017
    SM #013 2018
    www.dfwmustangs.net

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Josh, Marshall and I have extra hubs and I'm pretty sure we have a stock spindle if needed. We are in North Dallas but let me know if you want to come grab them or if you want me to bring anything to Hallett. (Not sure what city you are in)
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by mach1 View Post
    Damn, stock ford was a fancy nut, I think I used a new rock auto, not as fancy,
    Not so good on the threads either :-/. So mustang hub life is 4ish years of racing, good to know.
    4 years is pretty amazing for the amount of abuse these things take. I have an extra factory ford nut luckily. I bought a new set of Timken bearings that are branded Timken Made in Korea (instead of Koyo) and I can't get them apart to grease them. They'll end up on the car just the way they are, with new studs.

Josh, Marshall and I have extra hubs and I'm pretty sure we have a stock spindle if needed. We are in North Dallas but let me know if you want to come grab them or if you want me to bring anything to Hallett. (Not sure what city you are in)
    Thanks for the offer! I'm gonna try to get an extra hub locally as a spare. The car's got 94/95 spindles on it, Richard offered up a pair of 96+ spindles that'll go on tonight if the salvage yard one doesn't pan out. I really want to avoid redoing all the bumpsteer stuff if possible and just mess with the one side. I'm down in H-Town.

Just wouldn't be Hallett without last minute issues, changing hubs is supposed to be simple!

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    4 years is pretty amazing for the amount of abuse these things take. I have an extra factory ford nut luckily. I bought a new set of Timken bearings that are branded Timken Made in Korea (instead of Koyo) and I can't get them apart to grease them. They'll end up on the car just the way they are, with new studs.

Thanks for the offer! I'm gonna try to get an extra hub locally as a spare. The car's got 94/95 spindles on it, Richard offered up a pair of 96+ spindles that'll go on tonight if the salvage yard one doesn't pan out. I really want to avoid redoing all the bumpsteer stuff if possible and just mess with the one side. I'm down in H-Town.

Just wouldn't be Hallett without last minute issues, changing hubs is supposed to be simple!

- Josh
    I've got some spare hubs that I carry with me that you can use if those don't work out.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby AllZWay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
    premiere supercopa???
    No.. that looks like a good one, but for younger kids. Rocky Mountain Cup is what I think it is called.

Senior Member Site AdminGrass-Passer cjlmlml's Avatar

RV Spot available with power

Call Karen at Hallett 918 356 4814
    AI # 12

Senior Member Rookie
    I know I am the new guy but if anyone needs anything let me know. I am not leaving till 1pm Friday, coming out of Ft Worth.

214 802-5003 Mike