Thread: Hallett and the post race weekend blues

Talking Hallett and the post race weekend blues

It had been a while since I'd gone to an event, since I missed both Cresson and COTA, and it'd been even longer since I had a good event since Houston was a complete disaster for me. Hallett was flat out awesome. I didn't get to run in the big show due to what will likely be the worst case of mis-diagnosis in CMC history (although my whole sparkplug wire fiasco from a few years back might be hard to beat) but that doesn't matter at all. I had such a fabulous weekend hanging out with everyone.

Special thanks to everyone that cooked or otherwise worked to put on the Saturday night festivities, especially since I took the easy route of just throwing money at it. lol

So now I'm at work...not working...trying to get my head around why more of my time is not spent doing exactly what we did last weekend.
    Al Fernandez

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    I like how you never got near enough to me to get hit by a third gen...

Rough numbers - 55 for Sat dinner / 30ish for Midnight Ribs(tm)

We think we went through 100 bottles of water. And a good mess of candy beer.
    Last edited by Fbody383; 06-15-2018 at 04:31 PM.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Rookie Cody Powell's Avatar
    Here here! Well said Al!
    Just hangin' with the dudes from Texas.

Cannot believe that I missed the mid-night ribs this year. Although after last year.... that might have ok to have a year off. The food at dinner time though was absolutely on point. Thanks to the cooks!! The rest of the weekend was awesome, pretty shitty from a racing perspective for me.... no racing. But that says a lot about how great the weekend was that i would do it over again in a heartbeat.

BTW is Curtis on this forum? If so what is his username, I have some injectors that I need to mail back to him.

Even with different injectors I had the same issue in R4. I know I have fuel (fuel injectors from Curtis), I know I have spark (shocked the shit out of my self in the process, spark plug out of the block still connected), and the compression test came out good(125 to 135 on all cylinders).

From what I can tell though still dead on the back three cylinders on the driver side. We determined this by pulling the injector plug on each cylinder one at a time and then replacing it to see if engine reacted. Measured fuel pressure at idle with vacuum line pulled from the FPR, 42. With Vacuum line on and on the road, 34-38 WOT.

Well anyways, work left to be done but a great weekend none the less.