Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F body roll cage

F body roll cage

Curious if anyone has recommendations for a pre-bent roll cage for the f-body. Building up the spare chassis that I picked up from David. Hoping someone had a good experience with. I have already reached out to hank to see what he can do, waiting on a response.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Alan Blaine makes a great one from what I hear. Not the cheapest but he does a ton of F-body specific stuff and has a spare chassis he does his final fit up on before shipping.

He is very busy thus will need to pin out a timeline/ETA with him beforehand.

ablaine@cruzio.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Alan Blaine makes a great one from what I hear. Not the cheapest but he does a ton of F-body specific stuff and has a spare chassis he does his final fit up on before shipping.

He is very busy thus will need to pin out a timeline/ETA with him beforehand.

ablaine@cruzio.com
    Thanks

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Get on frrax.com, good site with a lot of RR/AX tech; there should be posts on there about his kit.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Yeah, I wouldn't do a prebent cage from anyone other than Blaine or Hank. Do not ask this on LS1Tech, it's appalling what passes for a cage on there.
    RM CMC Director

I'd heard that Hank owns a shop or works at a shop or something along those lines, anyone have a link?

- Josh
    CMC #50

Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I'd heard that Hank owns a shop or works at a shop or something along those lines, anyone have a link?

- Josh
    Hanksvillehotrods.com

My current cage is from hank. I know most of his are done with the car there. Waiting to hear back from him about Pre bent cages

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidroam View Post
    Hanksvillehotrods.com

My current cage is from hank. I know most of his are done with the car there. Waiting to hear back from him about Pre bent cages
    Anyone know what the going rate is for a cage to be fabricated and installed? I've heard widely varied Numbers
    Daniel Records
    CMC # 34

Quote Originally Posted by drecords View Post
    Anyone know what the going rate is for a cage to be fabricated and installed? I've heard widely varied Numbers
    I think it all depends on what you want, barebones for a grand and a half to a full cage to front and rear shock towers (not-CMC legal) with NASCAR door bars on both sides for several thousand. I can't speak to the price, but Gregg Lucas in Houston did the cage for the Silver #47 Camaro and it's beautiful.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby ShadowBolt's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    I think it all depends on what you want, barebones for a grand and a half to a full cage to front and rear shock towers (not-CMC legal) with NASCAR door bars on both sides for several thousand. I can't speak to the price, but Gregg Lucas in Houston did the cage for the Silver #47 Camaro and it's beautiful.

- Josh
    I paid $1500.00 (plus I supplied the material) for the cage in the 34 and I think the guy did a hell of a job. He builds sprint cars mostly.

JJ