Adding to the discussion regarding an aftermarket diff cover, I tried unsuccessfully to get an RCR up for review twice. Second time I provided not only justification, but also evidence that they should be legal based on the fact they were an option on SLP cars. If all the other SLP factory options are legal, why not the diff cover?

I have a hard time rationalizing the arguments I've read against the covers. They are a durability mod, not a performance mod. No one is going to feel they "have" to buy one just because someone else has one. No one is going to feel they lost a race because their competitor crossed the finish line ahead of them due to the overwhelming performance advantage of their aftermarket diff cover.

This is the most ridiculous rule we have in CMC. As pointed out, aftermarket rear axles costing thousands of dollars are ok but a $150 cover is not. Regardless of the original intent of the rule (AS homogenization) the fact is the rule still stands and makes no sense.

Those who feel it is a waste of money don't have to do the mod. Allow those of us who feel there is a benefit the opportunity. I challenge anyone to say with a straight face that a $150 durability mod is going to push this class into spending whirlwind.

Bottom line though, as I brought up in my second RCR, why isn't a mod that was an option on the factory order form for SS Camaros not legal?