Quote Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
Pranav-did someone hack your account? You sound exactly like all the GM guys did 8 years ago when the Fords were complaining but none of them did any testing and they all ran the same spring setup. What's cool is now the Fords did what the GM guys did a long time ago. Now you have say 3 Fords at a given event running the fastest lap times which are basically the same lap times but what's so interesting is that those three normally have all totally different suspension setups, spring rates, etc.
Remember just because it's a coilover doesn't mean it's 10 times better than a traditional shock and spring. Same goes for the torque arm which is so weak and flexes. Sure you have aftermarket setups for Fords that put in a torque arm and aftermarket setups on F body's that add a 4 link type of setup.

I'm not complaining or submitting RCR's. I just enjoy sharing the same data that was used way back when to give the Fords an advantage only now the data is totally reversed.

I also enjoy showing how ridiculous some things are like not being able to run an aluminum diff cover for $150 that gives more strength, fluid capacity, and cooling but I can swap in a Ford 9", GM 12 bolt, or Dana...yet I can't swap in the Mustang 8.8.

Pranav-to answer your questions everyone knows between you and Dan the 4th Gen gets more time time testing away from NASA events and on Friday's. I probably do more than the Summer Shootout Winner but not sure why any of that matters.
I think 5 years of staying at the Mustang Ranch at Hallett is rubbing off me.

All I'm saying is I'm just not seeing the "Max Effort" push by the 4th gen drivers that I see the Mustang drivers doing right now, or guys are putting in the Max effort but have incidents/failures that hold them back. I'm guilty just as anyone else in the 4th gen camp.

As far as different setups, it is reversed; most of the 4th gens now are running similar rates while the mustangs are all over the place. Go look under Josh's car and see if you can even see any springs up front.