Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyo bucks 2018: the final word

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries

Toyo bucks 2018: the final word

Here you go, from the horse's mouth:

https://mailchi.mp/drivenasa/conting...s?e=18de267de7

Starting on July 15th, 2018 NASA will be implementing a change to the compliance form submission requirements. In an effort to improve contingency program processes and to ensure that all vehicles and drivers are compliant with the contingency requirements, all contingency compliance forms that are filled out at the track must be filled out the same day or a day before you are trying to claim a contingency.

For example, if you are trying to claim contingency for the Saturday race, your contingency compliance form must be submitted and dated on or before the Saturday you are competing. Friday during the race weekend is acceptable as long as there is a NASA Official available at the track to verify compliance and sign your form. Compliance forms completed on Sunday during the race weekend are only applicable to Sunday claims.

All submissions are verified by NASA National staff. Contingency submissions not meeting the above requirements after July 15th, 2018 will be denied.

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to prizes@drivenasa.com and we will respond as soon as possible.

Sincerely-

National Auto Sport Association

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I fill out one compliance form per contingency per race weekend?
    A: Yes, you only need to fill out one compliance form per contingency per weekend. We recommend you do it before the first competition session on a Saturday.

Q: Who at the track can verify and sign my compliance form?
    A: Any available regional NASA Official can do it for you at the track. We recommend that you work with your series leader to verify and sign your compliance form.

Q: What if I won a contingency award on Saturday but did my compliance form on Sunday? Can I still submit for a contingency?
    A: Your compliance form is only good for Sunday if you do it on Sunday. You will not be able to claim contingency for Saturday with a form signed on Sunday

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Like I said, just edit that stupid .pdf document and you're gtg.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NASA
    For example, if you are trying to claim contingency for the Saturday race, your contingency compliance form must be submitted and dated on or before the Saturday you are competing.
    Must be submitted too?
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I honestly wouldn't try forging the docs.

They've set this up so officials can sign/submit on a phone/tablet onsite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pranav View Post
    Yeah I honestly wouldn't try forging the docs.

They've set this up so officials can sign/submit on a phone/tablet onsite.
    No, they've set this up to reduce the claims. I guess those of us that are technology challenged can bring the printed form.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar
    All,
    They can tell if a form has been manipulated, so please don't try to do that. Michael and I are available all weekend to find us so we can scribble on your phone. That particular form is pretty easy to fill out and if you catch us on Friday it's good all weekend.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Site AdminCarroll Shelby michaelmosty's Avatar
    Agreed, either get with us Friday evening or we can sign all phones after the drivers meeting on Saturday. It would be good to get all of it knocked out early in the weekend so it counts for both Saturday + Sunday.
    -Michael Mosty
    CMC #11 Mosty Brothers' Racing
    Director - TX Region

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    Agreed, either get with us Friday evening or we can sign all phones after the drivers meeting on Saturday. It would be good to get all of it knocked out early in the weekend so it counts for both Saturday + Sunday.
    Just having everyone do it at the drivers meeting I think is perfect. Reduces time that you two are pulled away and it allows technology savvy people to help and explain it to the "technology challenged."

Quote Originally Posted by liquidroam View Post
    and it allows technology savvy people to help and explain it to the "technology challenged."
    I have enough phone to call for pizza... If it's just a PDF download I might be ok. Maybe I'll just print of bunch of stupid forms to have with me.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelmosty View Post
    From what I understood Friday is ony good for Saturday but Saturday would be good for both.
    RM CMC Director