Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
I know there are 3 different drives: f body, y body, and truck but I forget which is long, short, compatible, or otherwise. Some can be shimmed to match a long pulley too? If someone posts up I can do some legwork with it. Seems to be within the spirit of CMC as I'm stuck paying the going rate for an f body mount whereas I could have had the truck crap for free since nobody wants it. I suppose I could consult the y body in my garage for accessory locations, but that doesn't give me an idea of how well it packages in what other cars. Google probably knows.
It is all based on the crank pulley. The Truck has the furthest offset followed by the F body and then the y body. the F body and Y body pulley s are close but different. The truck is much different and easy to spot. The other major difference is the water pump. The hose outlet on the truck goes straight up, the F body and y body go straight forward. The truck accessories work fine in a thirdgen but will not work well in a fourth gen. I believe the high mounted alternator of the truck causes hood clearance issues on a fourth gen while they are ok on a thirdgen. The power steering pump pulley has a different offset from truck to F and y body.
The aftermarket has all sorts of different configurations for the LS. In my opinion this should be open in the rules. The F-body accessories are getting hard to find and pricey.