Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CMC GM 5.3 Truck Accessories?

CMC GM 5.3 Truck Accessories?

Are we allowed to run the truck accessories with a 5.3 GM truck motor, or do we still have to source all the LS1 camaro stuff? I'm not sure if they fit in a 4th gen, I think they fit nicely in a 3rd gen. More curious than anything else.

- Josh
    CMC #50

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    I actually have this same question.

They're pretty much a necessity for 4th gens but I believe the truck accessories work better for 3rd gens than the Camaro accessories.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Funny thing, I was just thinking of researching this to submit as an RCR. I know there are 3 different drives: f body, y body, and truck but I forget which is long, short, compatible, or otherwise. Some can be shimmed to match a long pulley too? If someone posts up I can do some legwork with it. Seems to be within the spirit of CMC as I'm stuck paying the going rate for an f body mount whereas I could have had the truck crap for free since nobody wants it. I suppose I could consult the y body in my garage for accessory locations, but that doesn't give me an idea of how well it packages in what other cars. Google probably knows.
    RM CMC Director

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sook View Post
    Are we allowed to run the truck accessories with a 5.3 GM truck motor, or do we still have to source all the LS1 camaro stuff? I'm not sure if they fit in a 4th gen, I think they fit nicely in a 3rd gen. More curious than anything else.

- Josh
    If not, the 15 will get DQ'd at Nationals. Sean has been talking to folks quite a while. We can get pictures if folks want them.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

If the part(s) don't give a "performance advantage" you wont be DQ'd at Nationals, despite what the rulebook says. I know from attending several Nationals in CMC and seeing what was allowed when the rulebook says they weren't.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    If the part(s) don't give a "performance advantage" you wont be DQ'd at Nationals, despite what the rulebook says.
    That most certainly hasn't been true at all times in the past. Also, "performance advantage" is open to interpretation and opinion.

Richard P.

Well it has been true for the 4 or 5 national championship CMC races I've attended since we've been racing 9 years. Which ones were you at, maybe we've met and I just don't remember?
    Maybe this years championship event will be different. Hope to see you there.

EDIT: we'll be there with protest money...just in case
    Last edited by BADVENM; 07-13-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
    That most certainly hasn't been true at all times in the past. Also, "performance advantage" is open to interpretation and opinion.

Richard P.
    Definitely a thin line I wouldn't want to ride at a National competition despite what allowances have been granted in the past. Let's get that written up and included in the rules so there is no question about it.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHISSTC View Post
    Definitely a thin line I wouldn't want to ride at a National competition despite what allowances have been granted in the past. Let's get that written up and included in the rules so there is no question about it.
    Paging CMC National Director.... you're brisket is ready. (Let's see if that draws him out)
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    Which ones were you at, maybe we've met and I just don't remember?

The worst was CMC and CMC2 at Miller in 2010. It's been discussed here before...

Richard P.