Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CMC GM 5.3 Truck Accessories?

Ah, you must have been at the front of the CMC pack That was our second year of racing CMC and our first national championship event. Needless to say we were at the back...way back of the pack.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fbody383 View Post
    Paging CMC National Director.... you're brisket is ready. (Let's see if that draws him out)
    Just send him an email asking for a pass and print it with his response and bring to nats.
    RM CMC Director

I dont think thats how the process works. I suppose the national director could issue a tech bulletin after consultation with all of the regional directors vs just signing a doctors note of sort allowing something that isnt in the rule book or on the widely viewed and frequented national CMC webpage http://cmc.nasaforums.com/

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I know there are 3 different drives: f body, y body, and truck but I forget which is long, short, compatible, or otherwise. Some can be shimmed to match a long pulley too? If someone posts up I can do some legwork with it. Seems to be within the spirit of CMC as I'm stuck paying the going rate for an f body mount whereas I could have had the truck crap for free since nobody wants it. I suppose I could consult the y body in my garage for accessory locations, but that doesn't give me an idea of how well it packages in what other cars. Google probably knows.
    It is all based on the crank pulley. The Truck has the furthest offset followed by the F body and then the y body. the F body and Y body pulley s are close but different. The truck is much different and easy to spot. The other major difference is the water pump. The hose outlet on the truck goes straight up, the F body and y body go straight forward. The truck accessories work fine in a thirdgen but will not work well in a fourth gen. I believe the high mounted alternator of the truck causes hood clearance issues on a fourth gen while they are ok on a thirdgen. The power steering pump pulley has a different offset from truck to F and y body.
    The aftermarket has all sorts of different configurations for the LS. In my opinion this should be open in the rules. The F-body accessories are getting hard to find and pricey.
    Bob Denton
    CMC #67
    Great Lakes Region

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    Yep, you really don't want to try truck accessories in a 4th gen.

To save $$$ ICT billet makes factory replacement alternator and ps brackets that are geometrically the same dimensions as the OE Camaro accessories since used ones sell for too much $$$. Alternators are cheap used on ebay, and you just have to hunt for an oem Camaro PS pump which run $100 or so used.

For the 3rd gen ICT billet makes the spacers necessary to fit a Camaro water pump with the truck accessory drive so you can run the Camaro intake.

From what Sean was telling me, and what should be the biggest basis for an RCR, is the truck PS pump and location fits the 3rd gen very well with no custom hoses needed.
    Last edited by Pranav; 07-16-2018 at 03:06 PM.