Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
We dynoed at Laguna Seca a few years ago to ensure we were compliant with another non CMC run group because no other CMC cars registered. We dynoed within 1hp and similar torque of our dyno earlier in the year at just over a mile high elevation. I was quite surprised how similar the numbers were. Otherwise we've never had a dyno at any of our events (Rocky Mountain). We had one occasion that I remember where we sealed a hood and had a Camaro dyno later that week. His numbers were high because his restrictor plate cracked or a small piece broke allowing more air in producing the higher than allowed hp/tq numbers.
We had a dyno at the track April 2015 and it was a disaster. They were incompetent, managed to rip off a 944s brake line, and their numbers were way high across the board despite being a Dynojet. I remember that one well because my car was blowed up and the whole weekend was freezing ass cold. That's when Bryan ran a 3 minute lap at HPR in the snow and we let the HPDE bubbas leave their windows up. Honestly I was glad I didn't drive that weekend, just worked tech. I did justify bringing the trailer to the track though because I snagged myself a flipper car on the way to the track so at least I had a place to sleep.