Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nationals Dyno Process

Doesn't look like I'm going to make it this year but how many of you guys have a dyno at the track regularly? In 5+ yrs I've been racing with NASA Mid Atlantic I only remember one weekend we did NOT have a dyno there and that was because the guys truck broke down on the way. The guy we've used for a number of years was at Nationals 2015/2016 and was pretty easy to walk up and get a time sometime that day. He wasn't real organized but it seemed to work out pretty well. Even though he happened to be the dyno I had used a number of times before, I still paid to get on it the day before racing started. Being in a different region/atmosphere seemed to screw with my numbers a bit and we had to get the car "dialed in".

Heck, in 2015 I was sent to the dyno 7 of the 8 regional race weekends we ran that year!!!
    Last edited by t500hps; 07-16-2018 at 08:43 PM.

We dynoed at Laguna Seca a few years ago to ensure we were compliant with another non CMC run group because no other CMC cars registered. We dynoed within 1hp and similar torque of our dyno earlier in the year at just over a mile high elevation. I was quite surprised how similar the numbers were. Otherwise we've never had a dyno at any of our events (Rocky Mountain). We had one occasion that I remember where we sealed a hood and had a Camaro dyno later that week. His numbers were high because his restrictor plate cracked or a small piece broke allowing more air in producing the higher than allowed hp/tq numbers.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby RichardP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    In 5+ yrs I've been racing with NASA Mid Atlantic I only remember one weekend we did NOT have a dyno there

Heck, in 2015 I was sent to the dyno 7 of the 8 regional race weekends we ran that year!!!

In Texas, we dyno every time we have solid evidence of a unicorn farting...

Richard P.

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Supercharged111's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BADVENM View Post
    We dynoed at Laguna Seca a few years ago to ensure we were compliant with another non CMC run group because no other CMC cars registered. We dynoed within 1hp and similar torque of our dyno earlier in the year at just over a mile high elevation. I was quite surprised how similar the numbers were. Otherwise we've never had a dyno at any of our events (Rocky Mountain). We had one occasion that I remember where we sealed a hood and had a Camaro dyno later that week. His numbers were high because his restrictor plate cracked or a small piece broke allowing more air in producing the higher than allowed hp/tq numbers.
    We had a dyno at the track April 2015 and it was a disaster. They were incompetent, managed to rip off a 944s brake line, and their numbers were way high across the board despite being a Dynojet. I remember that one well because my car was blowed up and the whole weekend was freezing ass cold. That's when Bryan ran a 3 minute lap at HPR in the snow and we let the HPDE bubbas leave their windows up. Honestly I was glad I didn't drive that weekend, just worked tech. I did justify bringing the trailer to the track though because I snagged myself a flipper car on the way to the track so at least I had a place to sleep.
    RM CMC Director