Thread: Nationals Parking Plan

Senior Member Carroll Shelby marshall_mosty's Avatar

Nationals Parking Plan

All,
    I spoke to Will on Friday and everything "inside" the track boundary will be assigned (pay for) parking due to the numbers of folks NASA is expecting.
    Therefore, we will setup shop in "Lot A" which is on the south side of the main grandstands. This is a 340,000 sq ft parking lot so should be PLENTY of room for land grab and logistics.
    I'm going to send out an email to everyone who has signed up for AI/CMC to see if we can get as many folks who are not in the paid parking (Garages, main paddock, support paddock) to pit with us.
    Our entrance will be under the front straight/T1 area so realistically our "drive" to get to grid wont' be any worse than the upper support paddocks.
    There will be "facilities" in Lot A so that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by marshall_mosty; 08-20-2018 at 08:56 AM.
    Marshall Mosty
    AI/SI Texas Regional Director
    2011 NASA-TX American Iron Champ
    AI #67 "Mosty Brothers' Racing" (RIP)
    ST6 #21 Toyota Corolla (being revived)...

Senior Member Grass-Passer rleng1's Avatar
    Any chance of working up a parking plan for Lot A by race groups, so that people don't have to worry about places to park/pit, and folks barricading off way more than they need. Would be a shame if we are all scattered all over Lot A.
    Randy English
    NASA Texas --> Rocky Mtn Region
    CMC #77 Camaro

Senior Member Carroll Shelby
    Blog Entries
    No doubt! In the past Will has been good about putting AI/CMC together and shouldn't be an issue to save some space for people that aren't arriving Monday morning.
    Bryan Leinart
    CMC #24

Senior Member Carroll Shelby Fbody383's Avatar
    The adventure has begun: https://nasachampionships.com/event/...#Lot-A-Parking

Quote Originally Posted by Lot-A Parking Instructions
    • If you are parking in the free Lot A Paddock parking, please refer to the “Lot A Arrival” map for an explanation on where and how to line up. Also, review “Lot A Parking” map to see how you will be required to fill in the paddock. Saving large areas for others and taking up more paddock than you required will not be tolerated. Please be respectful of others that also need paddock space. Sportsmanship also applies to the paddock.
    Who's coming in when? Yes, I got my registration worked out and we should have a driving car this week.
    #39 CMC Camaro
    Orange is Fast!
    CMC-NT01 FTW!

Senior Member Grass-Passer
    I'll be coming in sometime on Thursday.

I should be able to go Tuesday and help with the land grab. Will there be security?